•Chapter 26•

I WAS BY my locker when a pair of hands snaked around me from behind and pulled me into them. I tensed and tried to wriggle out of the person's hold but to no avail.

"Let go of me you psychopath," I said still trying to get out of their hold.

The person chuckled and I felt my body vibrate. "Woah! Alexis chill out," Nick said spinning me so I was facing him. He pulled me in for a hug and placed a kiss on my forehead. His cologne enveloped me and I found myself nuzzling more into him as my eyes closed.

"Are you smelling me again?"

"No!" I replied and he chuckled.

"You scared me idiot," I pulled away and smacked him on his chest as an after thought, which only hurt my hand in the process, "Gee are you made of stone or something?" I asked.

Nick chuckled once more, "nope, just a lot of exercise I guess and I eat healthy," he responded.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" I asked slightly hurt.

"You need to exercise and eat more healthy is all I'm saying," he replied with a boyish grin.

"I exercise and eat healthy too."

Nick rolled his eyes, "sure you do."

I could practically feel eyes on us and I pulled out of Nick's hold to take a glance around and I was indeed correct. Three quarters of the students in the hallway were staring at us with curious expressions. Some looked confused, others looked pissed (Mostly the girls; Brianna and Jenna.)

"People are staring," I whispered moving out of his hold.

"So?" Nick asked with a raised eyebrow and pulled me back by my waist.

"So? I don't like it," I responded as I turned around to grab my novel. "You should probably avoid Asher for the rest of the school day for your own good."

"And why would I do that?"

"Just do it, unless you want to have a very awkward conversation, I suggest you take my advice and prepare for my brother and dad instead on Saturday," I said as I shut my locker and turned to face him.

"Wait, what?" he asked, "I'm meeting your brother and dad? Why? How?"

I shrugged as I began heading to the library for my free period, "oh yeah I forgot, my dad invited you over for dinner this weekend and my brother just so happens to be in town so tough luck," I called over my shoulder.

Nick jogged up to me and spun me around, "and you just want to walk away after basically delivering such life changing information?"

"Yep!" I said popping the 'p' and resumed my walk to the library.

"I'll get you for this Alexis," he shouted over the crowd of students.

The Library was quiet and empty considering most of the students had classes to attend while I didn't. I sat at my usual table at the back-secluded from everyone.

I grabbed all my books and began checking each and every one of them for Four's name because that was a lot obsessive if I admit and I didn't want to be one of those people who obsessed over something so much that they turned psychotic.