•Chapter 27•

HONESTLY I LOVE James but just no. He was in my closet flipping through my clothes as he tossed the ones he didn't like to the floor. He was being a complete nuisance as always.

"Get out!" I seethed from my bed where I had been texting Asher for the past hour.

James turned to give me a cheeky grin. "Stop being so over dramatic," he said rolling his eyes. "All I'm saying is," he started, "I think you need to wear something sexy, you know-to show your figure and all. And don't you tell me otherwise because mum told me you went shopping and you bought something sexy."

I finally believe that I am cursed. Because this is just unbelievable.

"You're a pain, you know?" I said sighing. "It's not even Friday yet and you're already planning on embarrassing me."

James turned back to my closet. "I just want to make sure things are perfect considering it's a day from now," he responded with amusement laced in his words. "Oh this dinner is going to be awesome," he said the last part quietly but I caught it.

"Where's the dress anyway?" he asked huffing, "I can't find it in this hell hole you call a closet."

I switched my phone off and tossed it on my bed before I got up and headed to the closet. "It's not in here you moron. Mum has it safely kept away somewhere," I replied as I closed the closet and moved him towards my bedroom door.

"Now please leave," I said as I shoved him out of my room and slammed the door on him.

"You're no fun," he huffed from the other side of the door before storming away.

I sighed and collapsed back on the bed as I closed my eyes trying to process everything. A beeping from my laptop snaped me out of my thoughts and I hastily stood up and walked over to my desk.

Nick's face popped up on my screen and I froze for a moment before accepting the call and plopping down on the swivel chair.

"Hey!" he breathed smiling at me.

"Hmm....okay hey," I replied a little surprised. "Not that I'm complaining or anything, but how did you get my Skype name because I pretty much don't remember giving it to you nor my phone number."

Nick shook his head at me, "and here I thought I would be greeted with love from my girlfriend but I guess that's not happening," he said just as Jake's face popped up on the screen.

"Hey little sis," he said waving before being shoved away from the screen by Nick.

"Go away Jake," he said irritatedly, "can't I have a moment with my girlfriend without you two intruding?" he said to who I'm assuming was Jake and Kai.

"It's my house and my laptop," Kai said appearing on the screen, "so yeah we will intrude," he finished and then flashed me a smile. "Hey Alexis."

"Hey Jake, hey Kai," I waved smiling at them. "What's up?"

Kai pushed Nick away from the laptop and took his place, "nothing, just hanging out at my place," he replied. "Wanna come over?" he asked sounding hopeful.

"As in now?" I asked.

"Yeah as in now," Kai said with a duh look.

Nick shook his head at his friend whilst glaring at him.

"You do know it's nearly 8pm right?" I asked cocking my eyebrow at him.

"Oh!" he responded as realisation dawned on him.

"Thought as much."

"Can I talk to my girlfriend now?" Nick asked and Kai shrugged as he moved away from the laptop giving him chance.