•Chapter 20•

FRIDAY COULDN'T ARRIVE any earlier. Ever since Nick asked me if we could hangout, I've been overly excited and nervous about it. For one I couldn't wait for it and the other was because I couldn't understand why he wanted to personally hangout with me of all people.

As I walked in the school hallway for the last time this week, I didn't know how or what to feel.

"Yo Alexis it's been so long since I last saw you," Asher said as he fell into step with me. "I've got great news by the way."

"What is it?"

"Aren't you at least going to ask me how my day was?" he asked but I could detect a bit of a smile in his words.

I stopped walking and looked at my so called best friend, "Hey Asher! How was your day? I hope you had an amazing one," I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

Asher laughed, "it was actually horrible, coach wants us to stay back and train but my body can't take more torture," he replied.

I glared at him, "nice way to be a jerk," I said and resumed walking to the cafeteria. "Well are you going to tell me or what?"

"I totally aced my Chem test," he beamed. "Who knew it was that easy to get a B+ in Mrs. Ridge's class."

"I see the tutoring sessions are paying off."

"Yep!"

The cafeteria was buzzing with life when we entered. We joined the other students in line and bought our food before making our way to the table we sat at each and every lunch time.

"Alexis!"

I turned around and saw Jake waving me over to where he sat with Kai and Nick. I looked at Ash who only shrugged and went to our usual lunch table.

I sent a quick smile to him before heading in the direction Jake waved me in and took the only available seat-which happened to be next to Nick.

"Hey!" I said. "How did your fancy dinner go?" I asked Jake and Kai.

A groan erupted from Kai, "don't even ask. It was very shitty and God I can't stand those rich snobs."

"I second that," Jake said. "The worst part was that Chole was there."

Nick stilled at the mention of her name, "As in Chloe Chloe?" he asked with a groan.

"Yep that very same one."

"I thought her parents sent her to some rich rehab centre in the middle of nowhere."

"That's what we all thought," Kai said, "but apparently she just got out a week ago and she's been asking about you none stop."

"Hell no!" Nick exclaimed, "she's a psycho and I don't want to see her, like ever."

I was quiet as they talked but then I decided to ask the one question that was bugging me. "Who's Chloe?"

"Nick's psycho ex-girlfriend," Jake replied.

Nick groaned once more, "I don't know why I let you talk me into going out with her in the first place," he said glaring at Kai.

"Well excuse me for trying to be a good best friend and find someone for you other than be alone for the rest of your miserable life," Kai said throwing his hands in the air exasperatedly.

"Please! that wasn't what a good best friend would do," Nick replied still glaring at his friend. "This was all your fault and now you've got to fix it."

Kai scoffed, "ha! Not a chance in hell mate, you're on your own with this one."

They kept arguing back and forth between themselves as Jake and I watched them silently.