•Chapter 7•

MONDAY IS USUALLY one of the days that I look forward to the most as it's always the start of a new school day, but not today. Today I was anxious about seeing Asher again and wondering if he would even talk to me considering I left him countless voicemails and texts asking him to talk but all went answered.

I walked to my locker with the hopes of spotting Asher there but I was only disappointed when I didn't see him standing there waiting for me. I sucked it in, grabbed my books and made my way to Physics class. At least learning about Gravity, Momentum and Kinematics would help distract me from my thoughts.

The morning classes went by in a blur with me mostly spacing out of each and every class I had because I could not, by the life of me stop thinking about Asher. And no it wasn't because I was secretly in love with my childhood best friend but more so the fact that I had potentially pushed away the only friend I had.

"Alexis what is the answer?" Mrs. Briggs asked.

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to face the fair woman standing at the front of the classroom with her beady eyes boring straight into mine. "Can you repeat the question ma'am?"

"If you were paying attention to what I was saying rather than doing whatever it was you were doing, you would have heard the question Ms. Vance," she said narrowing her eyes at me and causing half the class to erupt into laughter.

"I'm sorry ma'am. It won't happen again."

"Very well then, you're one of my best students and I would not want to have to send you to the headteacher's office because of this."

After that, the rest of History class went by smoothly with me doing my best to stay focused on what Mrs. Briggs was saying and immediately the bell rang signaling the end of class, I was the first person to dash out of the classroom with my head hang low.

I went to my locker, packed away my books and made my way to lunch hoping that I could spot Asher there. But when I walked in, the only thing that I saw was an empty spot at the lunch table where we all ate at.

Just when I was about to turn around and forget all about lunch, a voice called out my name and I could never mistake that voice.

"Hey Alexis, over here," Parker called.

Slowly, I turned back around and made my way to the infamous lunch table and took a seat near Drake.

"Hey guys!"

Drake gave me a small head nod and went back to stuffing his face with his burger, Evan smiled and went back to eating his lunch while Rick and Asher were nowhere to been.

"Have you seen Asher today?" Parker asked as he turned to face me.

"No I haven't. I actually wanted to ask you if you had seen him around school."

Parker sighed and shook his head, "well he better be here before practice otherwise coach will eat him alive considering he's the Captain and can't miss any practice days."

Captain?  Why didn't he tell me?

After that little conversation, Parker went back to talking to Evan while I sat there lost in my thoughts. I was abruptly pulled away from my thoughts by the bell resounding overhead and I grabbed my things but not before saying a quick goodbye to the guys at the table.

I made my way to Civic Ed class which was the last class I had for the day and hoped that Kai, Jake and Nick would be there this time round so we would officially begin our assignment.

I took my usual seat at the front of the classroom and pulled out my textbook, notebook and pen preparing myself for the lesson that was due to begin any time. After a few minutes of waiting, other pupils begun to fill in the classroom but there was not a single sign of the guys.