•Chapter 10•

I COULDN'T SLEEP the whole night. I kept tossing and turning as beads of sweat formed on my forehead. I knew I should have taken my medication but I didn't. In fact, I had poured it all down the toilet earlier with the hopes of my mom not finding out that I decided to stop taking my medication all together.

I wasn't quite sure if it was the lack of medication or the fact that I was feeling queasy over Nick's new reaction towards me. Should I be happy that he at least is starting to be nice to me? I didn't know.

When I did finally manage to fall asleep, it was past three in the morning and I didn't get any sleep as the stupid alarm clock decided it was the right time to blur it's annoying tune.

I groaned and pulled the duvet over my head once more and went back to sleep.

Minutes later and the duvet was being yanked by someone. "You better wake up now or so help me I will drag your arse out of bed," the sweet voice of my mum spoke.

"Just a few more minutes, please?" I groaned still not opening my eyes.

"Alexis Vance do not make me have to come back again or so help me," she said as she walked out of my room.

I groaned once more and slowly peeled my eyes open only to close them again from the bright light that was shining in my eyes. Eventually, I fully opened them and got up.

Something didn't feel right, it was as if I wasn't in my own body and I was just floating about. I shook off the feeling, went to the bathroom in my room and brushed my teeth, hair and washed my face before returning back to my room. I threw on the first things that I laid my eyes on-which was a pair of grey sweatpants, a white long sleeve tee and some white converse.

"You better be down here in the next minute or I'll be dragging you to school, " the voice of my mum shouted from downstairs.

I quickly grabbed my bag and dashed out of my room taking the stairs two at a time.

Mum was waiting by the front door with two flasks in hand and her car keys dangling on my right hand. "You look awful," she commented as she saw me. "You look like you've been run over by truck. Your eyes look hollow and sunken in even with your spectacles on," she said as she passed me a flask.

I rolled my eyes, "such good words mom," I spoke as we made our way out the front door and locked it.

"Are you okay? You don't seem that fine to me," mum commented as she put the car into drive.

"I'm fine, I just feel a little off today and I don't why."

"Did you take your medication?"

"Yes," I lied but that seemed to ease her a bit.

She looked at me for a second before concentrating back on the road, "if you don't feel fine later in the day just call me and I'll be there to pick you up. Or you could tell Asher to bring you home."

"You know Asher still isn't talking to me so I doubt he'll even want to see me," I said looking out the window.

"Just try, I'm sure he'll listen to you."

I was quiet after that and occasionally took sips from my flask as I allowed the hot coffee to slowly warm my insides.

"We're here," she announced.