•Chapter 21•

"ALEXIS ARE YOU LISTENING?" Asher snapped his fingers in front of me and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Sorry but what did you say?" I asked.

I felt bad for zoning out on him but I just couldn't help it. My mind had been wandering about that all most kiss that Nick and I nearly shared. Did I want him to kiss? I wasn't so sure anymore.

"I asked where you went on Friday after school," he said once more. "I came to your place after practice but your mum said you weren't home so I called James and he, apparently didn't know hence I ended up calling you but you also didn't pick up."

"Oh I went out," I replied as we maneuvered our way in the school hallways.

"With who?"

"A friend."

"Which friend?" he asked as he pulled me to a stop by his locker. "Because I'm your only friend."

"Why do you want to know?"

Asher shoved his Math book in his locker and slammed it shut before turning to face me. "Because I'm your best friend and I deserve to know who's stealing you away from me."

I laughed at his stupidity, "no one is stealing me away from you, you should know that by now," I replied as we resumed our walk to the football field.

"I'll hold you to that."

We existed the main doors and headed for the football field with him turning in the direction of the changing rooms and I, making my way to the bleachers.

I took a seat and watched as the football team came jogging from the changing rooms onto the field with their uniforms on. Asher wore a number 6 jersey and a blue band on his arm to show he was Captain.

"Do you even know what happens in this sport?" a voice asked from behind me.

I turned around and came face to face with none other than the elite squad as I like to call them.

"Nope, but that's the fun of it," I replied and watched as they took the seats surrounding me. "What are you doing here anyway? Don't you have a flock of girls to entertain?"

Kai laughed next to me, "yes and no," he replied.

"What do you mean 'yes and no'?" I quirked an eyebrow at him.

Kai sent Nick a smug smile before turning his gaze back to me, "yes because they're girls but not for me and Jake to entertain but rather his," he said jabbing his index finger on Nick's chest, "and no because he'd rather hang out with you."

I gazed at Nick who was already glaring at Kai.

"Look whose talking, the womaniser himself," Jake piped in and Nick burst into laughter.

"What? Me? No!" Kai exclaimed.

"Okay," Jake snorted.

"You're just saying that because you're asexual jerk who needs to get laid," Kai fired back.

Jake raised his hands in mock surrender, "my sexuality has nothing do to with you being a womanizer, just saying."