•Chapter 35•

I WAS OFFICIALLY back on chemo and I felt better, or as better as someone on chemo felt. I felt more relieved than I ever thought I'd be to be back on it. I honestly thought I'd hate it and call quits but I didn't.

My parents were very happy to find out I was going back on treatment and mum cried for hours. I hoped James would have come along with them but he didn't and that hurt, though I knew I deserved it and had to work hard to earn his forgiveness.

It had been three days since Nick left and I tried calling him but his phone always went to voicemail. I even left him countless text messages asking him to come over so I could explain myself and tell him the good news but he never once answered any of them. I was beginning to lose hope but I knew better.

"Stop over-thinking things," Asher said as he leant on the doorframe with his hands and legs crossed. "They'll both come around. Plus you've got visitors so be nice," he said and turned around.

I shook my head as Jake and Kai came strolling through the door. "You look horrible," was the first thing that Kai uttered as soon as his eyes landed on me.

"Thank you for noticing," I answered sarcastically. "What are you guys doing here and is Nick with you?" I asked even though I knew he wasn't.

Jake sat on the left side of my bed as Kai sat on the other side, "I'm sorry but he didn't come along," he answered as he gently rubbed my leg. "And why wouldn't we come and see our friend?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"I don't know, I just thought that you wouldn't want to hang out with me since Nick you know..." I spoke quietly.

Kai rolled his eyes, "don't be dramatic, we are friends and the fact that you and Nick are in a bad place doesn't change shit."

We all laughed and we spent the next hour talking about school, about Chloe and how they attended another family ball which they hated. Kai also filled me in on his Chemistry tutoring with Asher and Jake told me about the new portrait he was working on for his Art class. Overall, I had fun and forgot all about Nick not returning any of my calls or texts.

"All right, it's my time to hang out with her," Asher said as he strode through the room with a video game and controllers in his hands.

"You play video games?" Jake asked perplexed, "I didn't peg you as that type of girl," he admitted sheepishly.

Asher rolled his eyes and inserted the video game into the DVR before he plopped on one of the chairs and motioned me over with his head. I obliged and sat on the other chair while Jake sat on the floor by my feet and Kai sat next to Asher.

He tossed me a controller and pressed play. We played COD and I won two games so far and we were down to the last game.

"Slaughter him Alexis," Kai yelled, "finish him," he cheered just as I killed Asher's avatar. "I'm playing next."

Asher scowled at me as he handed the controller to him and watched as he picked his avatar and we began playing.

"How did you get good at playing video games?" Jake asked, "not even I am good and I practice everyday."

"She has a brother and best friend who play video games 24/7," Asher answered for me. "Plus she cheats."

"I don't cheat, stop being a sore loser and get with the crowd," I said as I made my final move and ended the game. "I'm going to take a nap now, I'm quite worn out from all this winning," I said grinning.

"You're a cheater and we'll catch you in the act one day," Kai said with a frown. "Mark my words Vance."

The guys stood up and left me as I lied on my bed and fell asleep thinking of James and how badly I missed him.