•Chapter 5•

SATURDAY WAS THE earliest I'd ever woken up before as the excitement was overwhelming. I couldn't sleep the whole night as I kept tossing and turning-trying to push the thoughts away from my mind but I couldn't.

I got up and took a warm shower before throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt with some sneakers. I pulled my hair into a quick braid and quickly texted Asher finding out if he was still coming before going downstairs where I heard chatter.

"Morning," I chirped taking a seat next to James.

"Someone's happy," he commented from his seat at the kitchen island while mum was busy making breakfast.

"Can't I be happy for no particular reason?"

James pierced his bottom lip in thought. "Nope. Knowing you then there's a catch," he said smugly.

I rolled my eyes at him, "you're just jealous."

James laughed, "me? Jealous of my kid sister? Oh please."

"Enough," mum said smile plastered on her face, "can you two just quit arguing for a few minutes?"

We looked at each other, turned back to look at mum before letting out a boisterous laugh. "Nope," we said in unison.

She just rolled her eyes and placed some bacon and toast on two plates and passed them to us.

"I'm home," Asher shouted and walked to the kitchen with dad right behind him.

James scoffed, "you make it sound like this is your house when we all clearly know it isn't."

"Asher is always welcome," I said glaring at my brother as I ate.

"Sure and pigs can fly."

I turned and glared daggers in his way as Asher took a seat at the island and mum passed him a plate of food.

"Who knows maybe pigs can fly and no one has just ever seen them," Ash said as he took a bite and dad chuckled from where he works with his coffee mug in hand.

"Do you hear him? What kind of normal and sane person even thinks pigs can fly?"

"Enough!" mum yelled and everyone went quiet. "Just eat so we can all head out and if anyone of you so much as bickers on this family time, so help me you will not like the outcome of it."

We eat in silence and soon after we were all filling into the car and heading to who knows where.

The ride was quiet and I spend my time thinking how I was going to tell everyone of my decision and how they would react. I didn't want to disappoint them but at the same time I couldn't keep lying to myself and making itharder on everyone.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise we had reached our destination until Asher gently nudged me.

"We have arrived," he announced and quickly got out of the car.

I followed suit and before me stood an Arcade centre with a glowing neon sign that read Game World. The inside was filled with different types of games of every variety.