•Chapter 19•

BY THE TIME the last school bell resounded, I was already waiting in the student parking lot for any of my three school partners to come strolling out of the main school doors.

For some reason, I was a bit excited and ansty at the same time. The thought of finally getting the assignment done used to seem like a fantasy but now, as I stood out in the parking lot waiting-I couldn't be more eager to get it done and finished off and see what next life had install for me.

The first thing I noticed was Jake coming from the Art Studio which was located only a few feet away from the main school building with a canvas in hand and his bag slung over his other shoulder.

He walked towards me and pulled me in for a side hug whilst balancing the canvas in his other hand, "gosh I've missed you," he breathed as he pulled me even further into him.

I pushed away from him and looked him in his brown eyes, "you just saw me not more than two hours ago," I replied.

"Yeah but it feels like a lifetime ago," he said grinning and pulled me in for another hug. "You should be happy and not whine about it."

"Are we going or are you too busy hugging the air out of the poor girl?" Kai asked from behind me. "I also want one then."

I pulled away from Jake and Kai pulled me in for a hug. "What's with all the hugs today?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Just feels right," Jake replied. "Where's Nick? He was supposed to meet us here ten minutes ago."

We all looked at each other before shrugging. Nick emerged from the main school door with Brianna and Jenna glued to both sides. He had a blank expression on and moved swiftly to where we stood.

"So this is what kept you busy?" Kai asked with a crooked smirk.

Jake chuckled and Nick threw daggers at both of them but didn't say anything. "Aren't you going to introduce us to your new friends?" Jake asked with a devious smile of his own.

"I'm Brianna and this is Jenna," the blonde-Brianna replied with a flirtatous smile. "Oh hey Alexis! Long time no see," she said throwing a smirk in my direction.

I remembered what Asher said and a shiver ran down my spine, "Hey Brianna, Jenna."

"Can we go now?" Nick spoke for the first time, irritation laced in each word he said.

"Sure," Kai replied and took out his keys from his pocket, "you've all got your own rides so let's bounce losers."

"I don't have a ride," I said timidly.

"You're with me little sis," Jake said grinning. "Can't have you with these two dumbbells over here."

"Hey!" Kai protested.

"Fine by me," Nick replied and peeled himself from Brianna and Jenna's clutches.

"We'll see you later," Jenna said and waved but not before her and Brianna planted a peck on his cheek and sashayed away.

                         -----☆-----

We didn't go to Starbucks this time, rather we went to a small library about fourty minutes away from the school.

I was sat next to Jake who kept sighing constantly for whatever reason while Nick wrote the remaining part of the assignment.

"Would you stop sighing so much," Kai said irritatedly.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know my being distrust was annoying you," he snapped. "And I'm sure you'd be feeling the same way if you knew that Mr and Mrs. Miller just got back in town and they are having a dinner."