•Chapter 3•

THE NEXT DAY I was early for school and made my way to the school library where I sat and did a bit of studying, you can never study enough trust me.

When the bell rang signaling the start of first period, I quickly grabbed my things and hurried to my first morning class, Math. Don't get me wrong, I neither like nor hate it, it's just simply a coexistence.

I took my usual seat at the front of the class and watched as the other students filed in quickly and took their seats as well. "Alright class," Mr. Finn spoke with his scratchy voice. "We have a new student joining us but I'm not quite sure where he is."

"Moving on, today we shall look at the basic principles of Calculus and I hope you are all familiar with those concepts as I told you to go through chapter 3 yesterday," he said and received groans from the rest of the class while I just sat there smiling to myself.

Mr. Finn went on to explain about the first principle and how we should utilise it whilst I sat there quietly and scribbled away everything he was saying. After forty-five long minutes of him trying to explain, the bell rang and everyone dashed out of the class at such speed you'd think they all won the lottery or something.

I went to my next class, Civic Ed and took a seat waiting for Kai and Jake to show up. The class began to fill up but still no sign of them, heck I would have even preferred if Nick showed up otherwise I'd just look like a complete fool doing her group assignment all alone. Ms, Thompson came into the classroom a few minutes later and told everyone to go to their respective groups.

"Alexis where are your group members?" she asked when she noticed that I was all by myself while everyone else was with their partners.

"I don't know Ms. They said they would be here today so we could start the assignment but maybe something held them up," I said trying to convince her. Why? I didn't know.

"Alright then, just don't do the whole assignment alone," Ms, Thompson said and went to her desk where she pulled up her laptop and began typing away.

This is just great, second day of school and already they are nowhere to be found.

I did a bit of the assignment alone before the bell rang and then I was off to the rest of my morning class.

The morning classes seemed longer than they were the previous day and not once did I spot Kai, Jake or Nick in any of the classes we shared together, which was nearly all of them except Math.

Lunch time rolled up and I made my way to the cafeteria where Asher and his football friends were sitted.

"Hey!" I said taking a seat next to Steph.

"Hey Alexis," Parker, Evan and Steph said at the same time.

Drake and Rick were busy arguing about something that happened during their football practice. "You should have passed me the damn ball," Drake said with his nostrils flared.

"I did but you're just too slow," Rick said taking a bite from his sandwich.

"Whatever!"

"Stop being annoying, both of you," Asher said. "Al I got you some chips, hope that's okay?"

"Yeah, it's okay."

The rest of lunch passed with Drake and Rick arguing non stop. These two always argue about the most bizarre things.

I got up, said my goodbyes to everyone and made my way to study hall.

"Al wait," Asher said and I stopped so he could catch up with me. "Do you wanna hang out after school today like the old times?"