•Chapter 32•

THE DRIVE TO the hospital was quiet as neither James nor I had anything to say to each other after that outburst a few minutes ago.

I leant my head on the window and watched the tress zoom past us until we pulled up into the very familiar parking lot of the hospital.

James turned off the car and got out and I closely followed behind until we were walking side by side through the main hospital doors.

"We are here to see Dr. Dave. Is he in?" he asked the woman at the reception.

"Do you have an appointment?" she asked. She had dirty blonde hair and appeared to be in her mid twenties.

"No! Just tell him that Vance is here to see him," James said irritatedly.

"I'm sorry but without an appointment you can not see him," she said coldly.

James ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "Listen here lady," he spoke through clenched teeth, "tell him we are here or we'll just walk straight into his office. Your choice."

"Fine!" she rolled her eyes. "Give me a second then," she said as she called someone on the telephone before she placed it back and pointed us in the direction to Dr. Dave's office.

James gave her a quick head nod and walked in the said direction without once looking at me to see if I was following or not. I followed closely behind nevertheless.

"Are you still not talking to me?" I asked quietly.

He looked over his shoulder at me but didn't say anything.

"I know I make it hard to tolerate me and I'm sorry I can't be the perfect little sister that you need and deserve."

James stopped walking as we reached Dr. Dave's office. "Look, just because I'm not talking to you right now doesn't mean I don't love you," he sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "You just make it really damn hard to love you sometimes," he said with a small smile and opened the door.

"Just the people I was expecting," Dr. Dave said without looking up from his computer. "Please do take a seat."

"How are you Alexis?" he asked as we sat down.

"Actually that's why we are here," James answered on my behalf and I glared at him. "She experienced a sharp pain and God only knows what could have happened."

"Is that true Alexis?"

"Yes."

"Has the pain been increasing?"

"Yes."

"Any general body weakness I should know about?"

I shook my head and looked anywhere but at him as I continued to answer all the questions that he kept asking me.

He typed something onto the computer before he made a phone call. "Sara please prepare the blood extraction for me," Dr. Dave said. "Yes I need it immediately, it's an emergency."

After the phone call was ended, he stood up and ushered me out of the office. "I need to get a blood sample from her and see how bad the damage is," he said to James who nodded.