•Chapter 30•

"THAT'S SO ASSETIFYING," I said as I shook my head vehemently.

"Seriously?"

"Yes, it makes me seem as if I'm a prize that anyone can win."

"I guess.....I'm sorry?" Nick asked cocking his head to the side to look at me but I waved him off. "But technically my room is painted black with gray strikes because the darkness soothes me," he said and sat down on the swivel chair at my desk. "Now do tell me why a bright student like yourself is still undecided in their senior year. I mean don't you plan everything out to the bone?"

The actual answer to that wasn't something that I could so easily say, so instead I went with the somewhat true version.

"I don't plan everything out to the bone. I just take it step by step and day by day," I replied looking anywhere but at him. "And there is nothing wrong with leaving my options open either."

"I never said so."

"My dad was so proud of you when you said you wanted to study Criminal Law," I spoke, "I have never seen him look so happy other than when James got accepted into university. He really likes you after that."

"Parents love me, what can I say," he replied with a shrug. "C'mere," he said opening his arms out for me.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"Because.....I don't know just because."

Nick cackled, "just come here, pretty please, for me?" he said pouting, "I've not seen you and I just want to hold you, is that so wrong?"

I stood up and walked towards him but then I just stood there looking at him weirdly.

"I thought I already told you I don't bite," he mused. "C'mere."

Before I could react, Nick had pulled me into him and I found myself sitting on his lap with my face buried in the crook of his neck.

His intoxicating smell engulfed me and like usual, I found myself inhaling it in.

"Are you smelling me again?" he asked.

"Actually yes I am," I answered as I inhaled his scent once more.

"I'm starting to think that sniffing me is one of your many fetishes," he said laughing.

The sound of his laughter vibrated through his chest and I felt every inhale of air he took in.

"What can I say, your scent is intoxicating in a good way."

"Maybe I should just buy you my cologne instead."

"I think this is my new favourite scent to fall asleep too," I said groggily.

I felt him stand up and place me on my soft comfortable bed before he wrapped the duvet over my body.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he whispered and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Don't leave me," I whined clutching to his shirt, "stay with me until I fall asleep?"

"Such a rush to get me into your bed," he laughed.