•Chapter 15•

I SAT ON my bed revisting all the events  that took place over the weekend. My life was beginning to feel like those clichéd movies they always show on TV.

I didn't know how my life turned into a movie, but what I did know was it was all my mum's doing and I did not like it one bit. I did not appreciate her trying to set me up with one of my new friends. It didn't work like that. They were the first actual friends I made aside from Asher.

I grabbed my phone and dialed the one person I knew would always give me good advice. He picked up on the second ring.

"Alexis!" he said. "To what do I owe this call at such an ungodly hour?" he asked but I could hear the amusement in his words.

"Always so formal," I said laughing. "Can't I just call because I want to?" I asked. "Plus it's noon not past midnight."

"No! No you can't. You always want something so what is it?" he questioned.

"It's always straight to business with you," I joked. "It's mum," I said sighing after a while.

"What did she do?"

"She's trying to set me up with one of my school assignment partners."

The line was silent for a while before James burst out laughing, "she did?"

"Yes she did and it wasn't funny," I said sighing. "Who in their right state of mind would just directly ask someone if they have girlfriend."

"Wow she asked the guy that?" James breathed still laughing, "and what did he say?"

Is he being serious right now?

"Why? Why am I related to such people?" I said more to myself rather than to him.

James continued laughing from the other side of the line, "but honestly I wish I was there, I would have helped her out,"

"And why would you do that? You're supposed to act like an elder brother and not want your only young sister to date until she turns 40 or something."

"Nope!" he said popping the 'p'. "You my sister need to get out more and get yourself a life, you do know what that means right?"

"Yes I know what that means but you and I have different opinions on what getting a life really means."

"Whatever," he spoke and I just knew he rolled his eyes. "But honestly I would have thought mum would have tried to set you up with Asher and not some random stranger."

Getting frustrated already, I ran a hand through my hair and my fingers got tangled in the knots, " the woman could easily do it if she wanted but lucky for me he's got a girlfriend and doesn't like me like that." I said.

"And how do you know he doesn't have feelings for you?"

"I just do."

The line was silent for a brief second before he spoke in a soft tone, "Alexis you know she just wants the best for you and so do I. That's why I'm telling you to go out there and find yourself a boyfriend and not let mum beat you to it," he said before bursting into laughter at his own words.

I stood up and walked to the window where I just stood and looked outside as the Sun was slowly setting in the horizon, it was mix of orange and red and it looked breath taking. "No you shouldn't be telling me to do that."

The line got disconnected and I couldn't believe James just hung up on me like that without a proper goodbye or anything. I stood there by the window a minute longer before returning to my bed and sprawling looking up at the ceiling and just thinking.