•Chapter 29•

SATURDAY WAS FINALLY here and James couldn't calm down from how excited he was to finally meet Nick in person. He gushed over how they both liked the same basketball team and how he couldn't wait to see the signed Michael Jordan jersey.

While I, on the other hand was a bundle of nerves. What if this dinner didn't go well? or what if I have one of my episodes and faint while he is here?

I grabbed my phone and called Asher who picked up on the third ring.

"What do you want Alexis?" Steph's voice asked.

Taking a deep breath, I slowly blew the air out of nose before replying. "Can you put Asher on?"

"No! He's busy at the moment," she snapped. "Don't you have your own boyfriend to talk too?"

"Actually yes I do have my own boyfriend but Asher is my bestfriend and I'd like to talk to him," I said calmly. "So would you please be a doll and give him the phone?"

Steph sighed and I'm sure if she were here then she would be glaring down at me. There was shuffling from the her end of the phone before Asher's voice finally sounded.

"Al what's up?" he asked groggily.

"I need help."

"Help with what?"

"It's the dinner Asher and I don't know what to do or what to wear. Although James and mum are persistent that I wear the black dress."

There was silence from Asher and I couldn't tell if he had fallen back asleep or if he was thinking.

"Wait! the dinner is today?" he asked.

"Please don't tell me you are drunk and you forgot that it is today," I said pacing back and forth in my room.

"What! God no I didn't drink. I just slept over at Steph's place that's all," he defended.  "Jesus Alexis I told you it was a one time thing."

"Okay...."

"Definitely wear the black dress though," he said, "don't over think it, just go out there and have fun but not too much fun because I'm sure then your dad will probably murder the poor guy, although I would definitely be worried of James," he joked.

I laughed as well because James is unpredictable and that thought scars me. "Actually, James already talked to him and he seems to like him."

"James? As in your annoying older brother who may or may not hate me likes Nick?"

"Yep!"

"Wow! I certainly didn't see that one coming."

"Alexis it's almost 3pm, get down here now!" James shouted from downstairs.

"I've got to go see what the devil incarnate wants," I said rolling my eyes.

"You better tell me every detail that happens," Ash said before I hung up and went downstairs.

                           -----☆-----

I stood at the length long mirror in my room which up until now, I'd never used. My mum had straightned my hair, applied a little makeup before practically making me toss my glasses and handing me contact lenses. Each of which I've never done before and I still don't understand why I have to dress up considering Nick has already seen me at my waste in the hospital.