seven | botanical garden 2

Keenan bumps into me as he make a left turn, and then grins at me as he mutters; "Sorry. Sorry."

"You're good." I smile, adjusting the strap of my bag as it slipped on impact. "So... I mean, you just want to work in this place for ever? Like, with flowers and plants and stuff?"

"I love plants, gardens, flowers and all the sorts in between. I think maybe one day, I'd like to open my own botanical garden. A huge land. Variety of things."

I smile at him once again. "That sounds cool."

"Yourself?"

"I don't exactly know. I'm still confused about my career, which is weird since this is my last year in marketing and biology. Either one of them but I love nature so... maybe that would be the angle I'd tackle."

"Maybe one day we'd work together. Collaborate." He grins.

I watch, with my own small grin, as he turns around and points at another group of medium sized flowers, giving them a name despite the name tag being there, and he goes on explaining it. I just glance at him now and again before taking pictures of the flowers. I mostly look at his face, considering he has two beauty spots on his neck. I don't even know why I notice them and keep looking at them. Reminds me of that blue-eyed jerk and his beauty spot on his cheek.

That idiot. Can't even believe I'm thinking about him right now.

Keenan looks and smiles. "What's your favourite flower? I don't think I asked."

I pout a bit in thought. "I don't think I have a favourite, right? But I think sunflowers are cool."

"How so?"

"They are fat, huge, bright... they rely on the sun to stand up straight. They are pretty."

Keenan turns to look down at me with a heartwarming smile. On second though, glancing at him and his innocent smile makes me forget about the fact that I have a problem with the male population.

"That makes sense."

"It does?"

"Yeah. You give off sunflower energy, if that makes sense."

I know he's lying. I give off a rose hidden by thorns kind of energy. I simply smile. He then turns, eyes glazing over the flowers until they set on one of his desire. He then leans over a bit and picks it from its relatives, before turning to me.

Now, there I am, cheekily smiling at this boy because is this? He's being too sweet. Maybe there is hope. Maybe men aren't trash after all.

"Can I?" I nod at him, stepping closer a bit as he does so simultaneously, and then he places the stem of the flower behind my ear. I feel the soft petals of the flower against my ear. "There. I think it's cute."

This only happens in books. This is crazy. I'm acting like a silly high school girl about to be kissed by her crush of ten years or something.

"You certainly know how to get into girls' pants."

Both Keenan and I glance over at the voice that breaks in between us. Behold, the very same jerk I've been trying to get away from for the longest time, stands not too far from us. He bends slightly to smell the lilies begging to be embraced, and then stands to his full height. His blue eyes then glance towards us. I can see it on his face; he doesn't seem happy about how close Keenan and I are, and the slight frown in his nonchalant expression proves it.

With slight irritation, I take a step away from Keenan and look at him. He does the same, glancing down at me for a second before looking at... whatever his name is, who happens to be approaching us with calculated steps.