forty eight | the truth

"After you get crowned today, you'll be their new Luna." He mutters besides my ear. His arms have now wrapped around me, tighter than necessary; his left hand cages my right ribcage, and his right hand presses flat against my stomach. "You'll rule besides me, and they will be under you. You'll speak a word, and they will follow."

I hum, nodding my head as I exhale a shaky breath. "That sounds... cool."

"It does, doesn't it?" Lightly, he places a peck on my neck. "And then, you'll bear our pups. They'll be strong, and kind... and courageous and nurturing." His hand rubs my lower belly as some sort of emphasis, and butterflies immediately scrape the lining of my stomach. "You'll be the mother of my kids. And my wife. Doesn't that sound cool?"

Of course, I'm a bit stunned at his words. I don't know, even his forwardness — of which I should be beyond used to by now — takes me by surprise. Still, I maneouver around until I'm facing him yet again. My hands rub up the sides of his arms before they reach his neck, to which I then lightly rub his skin with my thumbs.

My smile is small. I don't have a verbal response because I guess I'm still digesting it, but I do smile at him and gaze in his eyes for as little as a moment, before I'm standing on my toes and leaning in to him. He's obviously quick to respond by lowering his own head.

Our foreheads press against each other. Our noses bump, and his exhale is my inhale and vice versa. My fingers slip into the hair on the nape of his neck, scratching upwards against his scalp. It's all it takes for Micah to give in and press his lips against mine.

Harder than before, but the sweetness behind it is all the same. Instantaneously, our tongues are like they are at war, or perhaps a tango dance, one eager to win a price of sort. His hand swiftly takes hold of my neck, and he uses that as some sort of leverage to pull me closer as if I could get any closer, and holds me still so I don't full away.

Not even for air, which is what I attempt to do. Instead, he detaches our lips only for a second, long enough for me to suck in air before we're back at it, lips locking with the sound of his groan filling our ears and the quietness of his room.

So, this time when I pull away, I peep open my eyes and grin at him, breathing out a; "Yes."

"You're so tempting."

"And I'll only allow you to fall into such a temptation after I get crowned as Luna."

His blue eyes spark with surprise, desire, perhaps even love? "You mean... you're willing to have—"

"After the crowning." I mutter, shyly dropping my eyes to his shirt. "I'm... we're... yeah. I guess."

The boy laughs, placing pecks against my face a couple of hundreds of times, all whilst I giggle with a warm heart, face scrunched up and holding onto his torso.

After another small kiss we share, we head out his room and downstairs, back to the kitchen where the drinks are being served. Micah gets himself one shot,  and when Andrea comes back full of grins and a seemingly messed up lipstick, Micah excuses himself with the promise of coming back.

"I'll have another shot, for the sake of my lover boy of a mate." Andrea taps her hand on the table twice towards the person mixing up the liquids before she looks at me. "I saw my mate."

"I can tell." I laugh lightly.

"He looked so good, Gert. He looked so delicious. Tonight? Him and I! Under the starts, we'll both be wearing our birthday suits and—"

"Right! Right! Thank you so much for that, Drea." I'm quick to shove her arm. "Spare me the details."

Andrea, after flipping her hair over her shoulder, takes the shot glass that is passed to her, then downs the liquid quick. "Oh, Gert. And you! Luna! Oh my word."