forty | collarbone

Amber throws herself onto the bed, laughing as loud as she possibly can, and she claps her hands now and again as if to amplify her laughter. I sit by the dressing table, hands rubbing my thighs as I pout at her, waiting for her fits of laughter to subside. And it does. Eventually, it does.

"Are you..." she giggles, now lifting herself onto her elbows and looks at me over her watermelons for breasts. "Are you insane? I mean, you devoured him and I am proud of you for standing your ground, but the Alpha? You're a human! He's a beast, a werewolf! He could have quite literally ripped you to shreds if he wanted to— and, he did, indeed, want to. I mean, you threatened his title as Alpha. You questioned his position. No one does that and walks out untouched. That much was obvious. You are so beyond insane. Brave, but a death wish is what you have."

Threatened his position. Questioned his title as Alpha. I didn't think it was that bad. I was just making an example.

"Yeah well, being reminded I'm nothing special, a human being, being mates with a person of high significance isn't fun after a while, and I was not going to let his father rub it in my pores." I huff, folding my arms.

I mean... I guess after the dinner, and after stuffing my stomach enough, I had to really sit and think about what I did. I was out of line, this I can admit, and even though I did feel some burst of confidence to say that to a whole adult with such a high position... and Micah's father, at that, I started thinking that maybe I was being a bit disrespectful. It's Mariah's husband after all, and I'm sure she was just as much shocked as surprised. And I don't think it was in a good way.

She might have already pulled Micah to the side and told him to never let me back here for stepping out of line. Can I blame her?

I can't help but frown. "I should apologise, shouldn't I?"

"If you regret every last word you said, then yes. But I say, no."

I guess. I guess.

"Well, I should be heading home soon enough. I'll take your dress home and wash it, and you'll get it when you get it. Do you wear it often?"

"Not really, no. So you can keep it if you want."

I hum, standing up before gathering my items. I fold my clothes neatly with a sigh and shove my phone between the items, sparing the girl a moment's glance. She has a fat grin on her face, twinkling green eyes observing me and my movements.

"What?"

"No, nothing. I'm just admiring my future Luna, is all—"

"Andrea."

"No, seriously." She now sits up straight, hands still supporting her top half on the luscious bed. "Look, it may seem odd and stuff, but you proved yourself worthy back there. Sure it was a bit... spicy, but I think every last witness grasped the idea that you would be their future Luna when the current Alpha steps down and gives his title to Micah. I think Mariah would be pleased and perhaps is pleased that you're by Micah's side. You're not a pushover... okay, you kind of are but—" I gasp, throwing my unoccupied hand up in surrender. "But! You showed that you could be a true, strong and independent Luna, back at the dinner. You stood your ground. Abraham knows now that you're firm when threatened, and you don't back down."

"Yet I was close to being scattered human flesh and bones moments after. You said it yourself."

The red headed girl laughs, nodding. "I mean, I know, but still. Besides, once you have that title, no one could threaten you. Sure, words might get tossed around and stuff, but no one would dare harm you physically, unless they have a death wish of their own."