twenty nine | Malacai

"Wow, he went all out." I mumble, pouting as I carry the basket towards the large picnic blanket contrasting the rather perfect green grass surrounding us. I gently slip off my shoes so my socks are revealed, then step towards the middle of the blanket, before placing the basket down.

He brought big pillows that pretty much take up so much space. Smaller blankets, of which I'm assuming is for if we get cold, and then has a whole glass of what seems like lemon juice with pink plastic cups laying besides it. Then, he has random flowers placed about, I think to give it a more romantic effect.

I grin. It's cute.

After getting down to my knees, I open the basket and fish out the different items. I convinced him I'd bring the snacks and stuff. I did. Sandwiches, sliced and diced fruits with some yogurt. Chocolates and marshmallows. And simple chips. Nothing too much, really, considering the intention was to be simple.

I set them all on display before discarding the basket at the end. Then, I sit down properly, taking the closest blanket and cover my legs. I remove my sling bag and then fish out my phone, right before snapping pictures of this.

"Are those marshmallows?" I turn my head when I hear him, Micah, speak up as he approaches me. He's carrying an opened laptop with a bowl.

I nod, glancing at the packet. "Coconut covered."

"I don't like marshmallows." I gasp, watching as he lowers himself before placing the laptop in the middle, followed by the popcorn. "Something about it doesn't sit well with me quite literally."

"Marshmallows are really nice. That means you've never roasted them or like, had them between biscuits."

"Never." He grins, scooting closer to me. I actually tense up slightly, when he sits right besides me with little to no space between us. Then, contrasting my legs stretched out, he folds his.

He looks... nice. Really nice. A beach shirt, almost, and basic khaki shorts. Pink socks which clashes with his entire outfit but he seems overly comfortable to even care. His hair, to my surprise, is pushed back with this comb-like hair band. His face is bare, revealed to the world. His blue eyes match the sky (when the sky is clear and all, but it's about 4:30pm right now so the sky is more or less starting to have a more orange shading), and his eyebrows are so nicely shaped, I'm a bit jealous.

Don't get me started on his lashes. Don't.

He looks at me. "What do you feel like watching?"

"Anything. I'm not too picky."

"The setting is giving... romance..." I cringe at it as he laughs. "It's giving... chick lit. How about something along those lines. Three-sixty-five? Should we watch that?"

"That porno? Absolutely not, Micah."

He chuckles a bit, leaning over to grab his laptop. "Okay, there's a list of things we can watch. We can even watch a series or something. Or maybe even mystery or something. Doesn't have to be romantic."

"How about Twili—"

"Absolutely not." He sends a glare my way. "Anything but that."

After a few more minutes of debating, we settle for literally the first thing we see. I didn't get the name but basically... it's a romance movie, to my dismay. Micah seems to genuinely love romance, cliches films, which I think is really why we're watching one at this point.

We've long gulped our sandwiches and packets of chip. The container of fruits is almost empty, along with the lemonade glass. Marshmallows are still sealed. The popcorn is the next victim, and we almost greedily grab handfuls of it and stuff our faces. Like animals.