fifteen | his proof

It was the first thing I wanted to do when I set foot on the grounds of uni. It was the first thing I felt I should do, just to get it out of the way.

Surprise surprise, he wasn't there. I spent the entire day just trying to be in open areas because I knew that if he saw me, he'd most likely approach me. I tried to linger around places I'd assume he'd find me — be of easy access or something.

Nada.

I even tried to peep for the two friends I saw him with on two different occasions but they seemed to be nonexistent as well.

So I guess that lead me right up to this moment, me getting out of Andrea's car and basically gaping at the massive house we are currently walking towards. It's huge, unbelievably big. I mean I guess I thought Micah was rich but I didn't think he was rich as in it's hard to comprehend how rich he is. Well, not him, but his family.

The house is beautiful as well, as if it could be in magazines or something. The windows are massive. The front door looks massive as well. In the driveway is, what I'm counting, three cars that look expensive to even look at it. The front garden is lovely, rich in colour and refreshing to look at.

"He lives here? Like, it's his property or something?" I whisper-yell at her, just because I feel like shouting or even speaking out loud here seems forbidden, the way it seems surreal and enriched in power.

Andrea grins at me. "To be fair, he kind of has a big... family. A lot of them stay here as well. But it's hosted and owned by his father, so yes, in a sense, it's his as well."

"Well, goodness me." I mumble, stepping closer to Andrea as we step onto the large porch. "Since his family also lives here, shouldn't we... I don't know, call before we visit? I could have just called to meet him."

"Do you have his number?"

"Don't you?"

"Why would I?" She raises a perfect eyebrow at me. "No, I don't. Don't worry. It's a Friday, most of them might not even be here. We're fine."

She — as if she's so used to coming here — opens the door without the need to knock, and then opens it wider for us both to enter.

The inside is just as beautiful as the house, if not more than, so there I am gasping at the sight. It looks way too fancy to even elaborate on how rich it is. One wrong move, and I could be paying a fortune. Even my footsteps feel out of place.

Approaching us is who I am assuming is a butler or something. Dark hair, quite tall and seemingly in his thirties. He walks right up to us with his hands behind his back and a more or less formal attire. He even has a small beard happening on his face; I notice this as he gets closer.

"Good afternoon, Andrea." He looks at you. "Good afternoon."

"Hi." I mumble with a small wave, taking a step closer to Andrea out of nervousness, considering he knows her.

"Lovely to see you again, Julius." Andrea looks around the house. "I accompanied my friend to see... Micah. Is he available?"

They give each other a look. Julius then glances at me, eyes scanning my body a bit before looking back at Andrea. "He is not available at the moment. He's in training—"

"That's fine. Go ahead and call him. Tell him Gertrude is here."

"And who might Gertrude be for him to be pulled out of training?"

"Julius, I get that the job is to be cautious and make sure there is order around here. That makes sense, but Micah would lose his mind if he found that you sent us away all because he was training. You'll be doing him a favour to tell him that Gert, here, wants to see him."