thirty six | ceremony

Listen, I kinda forgot a lot of things, like surnames and stuff, so if it's unfamiliar to you, or you remember, please let me know so I can change it. I'm extremely lazy to go read through the book to remember certain details. 💀

Okay bye!

*******

"The Vitcâr pack has had a bit of... complications this week. Because of this, many member have compromised their daily duties in order to accommodate or attend the tradition and practice of their belief," Julius looks at me through the review mirror. "I mean, being the kind of species they are."

"You mean, being wolves?"

"Indeed." He glances back at the road. "And so, considering this, it explains their absence. Duties needed to be accomplished as these are more of a priority. Beyond the aspects your kind find." Again, he looks at me.

"Humans?" I squint.

"Very much so."

I'm holding back a scoff. I mean, with the little I've know Julius, this car ride kind of seems... hmm. I don't know what the right word is. The way he undermines my understanding, or leaves sly comments as if I'm not picking it up. Almost as if, politely, he's treating me like I'm dumb.

Regardless, I find myself partially comfortable in the back seat of this Black Range Rover. It smells new, almost, and looks extremely expensive to even press my two flat buttocks cheeks on. I'm worried my shoes might just leave a mark on these crème carpets, or my clothes might some how, magically stain the seats. Maybe if I breathe too hard, I might leave breath marks on the window.

I slowly scoot away from the door at the thought.

"Did he say why he wants to see me?"

"No precise reason." Julius answers. "Perhaps to speak on matters regarding his position in his pack. He does hold a high position, or at least, he soon will. Would be a shame to do so when he isn't sure about his... mate." Again, he looks at me through the review mirror. "Specifically considering you aren't of his kind."

Wow. If I didn't know being human was a problem, now I do.

I can't stop myself from squinting. "I know that he's meant to be the Alpha of his pack."

"Perhaps then, you understand the importance of this position." I shrug, glancing out the window. "And the importance of the eternal mate on his side."

I hum.

"Have you considered this, say, if you do become the Luna?"

"Still thinking."

I quickly realise we're at the mansion; I can tell by the neighbourhood, If not the gate itself. I cannot wait to hop out of this car, and quite frankly, walking the distance doesn't seem that much of a bad idea, compared to listening to Julius spew stuff. Stir the pot that doesn't even have oil in.

"Still thinking?" I can almost feel him looking at me yet again. "A true Luna would not hesitate to make such a decision, unless it's not what she wants. Even still, if it's not, she would bring forth awareness to the matter very quickly. She would not put on a facade, appearing as though she knows what her decision is when in reality, she's... an empty can of beans, as the humans say."

There's a rise of guilt and annoyance peaking within me, just at the choice of words. "Are you saying I'm hopeless?"

"I don't prefer to say it bluntly, but yes."

So, I sit with two options for the rest of the ride to the mansion. Either I tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine, or humbly tell him that despite him being in this pack of theirs, he has no business making comments about my position and decision in this matter. I mean really, one would think a butler would speak sweet words and make sure you're comfortable during your visit, and yet here's Julius.