fourteen | my way

"Oh... oh my... yes, that's the spot."

I frown at her. My hand manoeuvres around her skin and I press the delicate areas and knots, getting another sigh of relief from her.

"Oh, Gert—"

"Listen, enough. I get it, it feels good but please." I pause, moving away from her.

"Okay, okay." She chuckles. I then go back to massaging her back, taking time to press against tense knots that makes her hum once again. I can only roll my eyes. "So, let me get it straight. You slept on him."

"I slept against him, I woke up on him."

"And you woke up, on top of him in a compromising position. In a skirt."

"He was the one who put me on him like that. I didn't feel him move me until I woke up and saw."

"And then he proceeds to tell you that you should get used to it. Basically, he's saying you should get used to doing cowgir—"

"Okay, Andrea, that's definitely not what I said. He was just being inappropriate, I didn't say he said I should get used to doing cow— urgh. I just told you, and what I wanted your response on, is the fact that he wants me to take him seriously with all of this. Being his apparent mate, in an apparent world of wolves and moon goddess and all of that fantasy stuff. He was so serious and it sounded so real but when I walked away, I was brought out of that bubble of listening to his nonsense and into reality. He's just another boy trying to get into my pants. He's younger than me, he's literally your cousin! Family friend, whatever. He thinks he can bag me and that's not—"

"I don't think that's the case, Gert."

"Well, if you've met him, you'd see that he is narcissistic in a sense. He is delusional. Listen to the words he uses and all of that. It's insane!"

"Gert, you once believed fairies existed because you watched TinkerBell. Let him live out his fantasy."

I sigh, folding my arms as I sit up straight. That's when she turns her head towards me, folding her arms before resting her cheek on them. She's too comfortable on my bed, top half naked and all. She lays flat on my bed with only a skirt covering her lower half.

She seems overly in a good and reasonable mood, I bet she had a wonderful Valentine's Day, day before yesterday.

"We are no longer kids. He isn't a child. He is twenty-one-years old. Come on."

"And maybe he is a child at heart. Don't be so harsh on him." She pouts her red lips.

I cannot even believe it sounds like she is defending him. "Maybe the both of you are delusional. Because why does it sound like you're agreeing to everything he has said?"

"Probably because he is so persistent in pursuing you and he is serious, and he doesn't seem like he is trying to use you or anything. I think he is being honest—"

"We hated men!"

"You got in a relationship after we did—"

"And now you're defending a man!"

"I'm defending a man who seems legitimate." She sits up a bit more. "Nothing is wrong with just... seeing where things could go. See if he is being honest. Nothing wrong with that, you know?"

"I know!" I whine, now leaning back against my pillows. "But still!"

"What's your fear? What's the fear, Gert? Why are you being hostile towards the probability and possibly of this boy actually liking you? What are you running away from?"