forty six | the moon x2

The spelling errors are wild, I'll fix them sometime during the day. Bye!

***

My head turns to him, surprised that he's looking at me. Dilated eyes right into my widened eyes. I thought for sure he'd also be fully allured by the moon.

I guess he's the only one looking away, excluding me.

Butterflies burst in my stomach, and my eyes batter in mini blinks to break the eye contact. I can feel the blood rush to my cheeks. I nibble on my bottom lip, humming as I look back at the moon. "T-thanks, Micah. And... you know, thanks also for bringing me here."

"Gertrude."

Oh, the full name. My stomach clenched at it, but still, I lift my eyes back at his. His are hooded, and yeah sure, like usual, a few strands hang over his forehead in attempt to cover his eyes but, he did also have a haircut day before yesterday so it's a lot shorter than what I'm used to.

"Yes?"

"I heard what you said, to my father."

Oh. Damn. "I—I'm sorry, I was being too bold, wasn't I? I wasn't even trying to be disrespectful... or was it me addressing his name? But it's true, I can't call him uncle—"

"That's not it." He mutters, reaching over and he gently takes my other hand, so now we're facing each other. On my right side is the moon, left side are the other wolves immensely gazing at the moon. "What you said to him, about me."

"Oh." I gulp, grin playfully before shrugging. "I was just... I don't know, he asked—"

"I know. I heard." He smiles at me. "I appreciate everything you said. Really. Bummed that you haven't told me directly, and he was the first one to hear it—"

"Micah." I whisper-hiss at him, looking at the other wolves. "They can literally hear us. Can't we talk about this—"

"They are in a trance." I gape at him, tilting my head. "A willing trance. They can't hear anything outside of what Goddess is saying. None of them can hear us." Curiously, I look around us once again.

For sure, these wolves look like they are in a trance. Some even have their jaw loose and gaped. All of them are solely focused on the moon. So, a trance, like he says.

"Gert." His hand takes hold of my chin and turns my face to his. I can't tell if he's leaning in a bit, or if suddenly, everything looks bigger and more detailed. Like him and his flawless face. "Focus on me, mate. Don't get distracted."

I nod. "Sorry."

He smiles, thumb now lightly grazing against my bottom lip. "I don't know what life would be without you, Gertrude. I can't imagine you not being my mate, or anyone else being my mate for that matter. For a long time, I've felt strongly about you. Ever since I've laid my eyes on you, I knew that Goddess Luna wouldn't be vile as to grace me with you as my mate and not let me be with you."

My heart. My actual heart.

"I can't imagine losing you. With you, I see a bright future."

"Is it not the moon's light?" I tease, and he laughs softly at me despite rolling his eyes. But his eyes glimmer a bit more than usual. "Continue, sorry."

"Not the moon's light, no. An actual future. I know that it was hard to comprehend being the future Luna, and I am willing to hold it off for as long as Goddess Luna will let me. I've pressured you enough, I know, and marking you by force was so stupid of me, and I am so sorry about it, again. I just... Gertrude, I can't lose you, I don't think you understand—"