twenty three | little red riding hood

There we are, sitting for a good moment as we stare at each other. Every second that passes by makes me raise an eyebrow at him. He only blinks his blue eyes at me.

I don't know, maybe I wasn't clear. "I'm sorry, did I perhaps stutter or was I not loud enough?"

"I heard you." He confirms, leaning back in his seat and that's all physical contact he was making, lost and now void. He groans, running his hands through his hair before pinching the bridge of his nose.

Maybe it's an ex? An ex of his who isn't over him, and I don't want to entertain it at all to be honest. I've got enough on my silver platter to worry about, and dealing with an ex of his is far from interesting for me.

"Look, I get it. You're a pretty boy and I'm sure you've had a colourful past with different girls. I don't judge you. But, on order for us—" I wiggle my finger between us as he lifts his eyes to look at me; "—to work, you have to deal with it accordingly. I don't want to deal with your exes as I am sure you'd rather not deal with mine. This makes sense, right?"

"Mate—"

"Don't worry, she didn't threaten me like that or something, she was just being... protective of you. I can understand that. But I refuse to argue or fight with a girl for the attention of a boy. You need to make things right with her. She obviously isn't on the same page as you."

Micah sits up straight, cracking his knuckles. His blue eyes, even if he glances at me for as good as a moment, linger with the familiar grey tone, and I think it's safe to say this happens when he isn't impressed about something. Besides, if I look close enough, he might actually seem frustrated or perhaps irritated at the topic of this new babe, Natasha. They clearly have a past, a history that either affect him or has affected her, of which in turn she probably vowed to ruin his life or something.

I can't blame her... I think. Micah is cute, it makes perfect sense that she'd try keep him.

"You don't have to worry about her."

"Oh, I don't plan to worry about her."

"She isn't even an ex of mine. She's just somebody who happens to be tied to me for reasons I wish we're not as complicated as they are now."

I tilt my head. "So uncomplicate them."

"I'll deal with her, don't worry about it." He sighs, leaning over to reach for my hand. Our fingers intertwine and darn those butterflies for even reacting to the simple things he does. "When can you come to my house?"

"To do what?" I raise an eyebrow.

"To chill." Now I know that silly smirk growing on his face indicates something more than he's letting out.

He things I'm stupid. I won't call for his tricks so easily. "Define chill."

"Like, hang out, eat. Watch movies... depends on what we're feeling."

I'm shaking my head slowly at him. Just the way he grins, the mischief swimming in the depths of his blue eyes. The way his fingers play with my own. He's up to no good and he is doing a bad job at hiding it.

I lick my lips. "Tell me, what do you see when you look at me?" He's quick to respond, but before he can utter a word, I lift my index finger up. "And be smart with your choice of words."

So, he licks his lips, nodding a bit before he takes in a deep breath. "A smart woman."

"Good. No, that's good. I think then, you've answered your question."

"You won't come to my house?"

"Considering you have other intentions outside of just chilling, no, I won't come to your house."