thirty three | kisses and authority

We're seated in the open field. It's after lunch hour, yet many students still linger about in the Autumn sun. I have a free session and I can only assume Micah is skipping his to keep me company. I appreciate it, though I don't want to be the reason he's failing in class.

Not that he is... actually, I don't know if he is but if he is, I can not the reason.

Andrea sent me a message during lunch time informing me that she was busy with some classmates for some mini project.

Nonetheless, I spent my lunch time with him, eating my food (I just had toasted cheese and polony) and I ate his as well (mini burgers with little pastries). I learnt that considering they have chefs, he is bound to have lunch everyday, and good lunch at that. I can confirm this because I ate half of his food — he let me. He even had dessert, of which we're actually eating right now.

Strawberries and yogurt. He said he isn't a dessert type of person as he doesn't have that much of a sweet tooth, but he brought it still.

"So..." I pick up the slicked strawberry and pop it in my mouth. "I know you know about the ball, the full moon ball or something like that. Andrea told me— actually, Micah, how come you didn't tell me she was one of y'all?"

The boy shrugs, leaning back a bit by the support of his hands against the grass. The warm sun kisses his skin so nicely, it even glides against the strands of his hair. His face is tilted so his strands shift in the direction gravity pulls it. His eyes are closed as he basks in the sun. He looks like he's in a beautiful state of peace.

"I suspected she never told you but I left it for her to do so. I did speak to her about telling you, though, so I should be getting brownie points."

"You told her? When?"

"The day she had the moxie to flirt with you in front of me."

I frown, picking up another strawberry before chewing on it. When did Amber flirt with me in front of him? When did she even flirt with me? Actually, how many times has Amber been with me alongside Micah? I can count with one hand.

"When was this?"

"The day in your room." Micah glances at me. "You were seated by the window and she came to you and said all that she did, about how if she was into girls, she'd make sure you know how wanted you are. She flirted with you nonstop for a hot minute or two."

I pout, feeling my cheeks flush up at the memory. Oh, I remember it. To be fair, Andrea is a flirt, and sure that day she flirted more than she usually would, because usually she's subtle about it. That day, she was confident and wanted me to know how serious she was. I remember she kept looking at the forest through the window—

"Oh, is that why she kept looking out the window? She knew you were there? A wolf thing, I'm assuming."

"I was there. I went for an afternoon jog like I usually do, and I took the route to your house. I knew she was there, I could smell and hear her, and I heard what she said. Since she's a wolf, I can communicate with her through mind link and I was telling her to cut it out."

Well, I do remember her saying she needed to stop or Micah or her boyfriend would be mad, but I didn't think— you know what, I don't even need to try make sense of it.

I clear my throat, picking up yet another strawberry "What does her wolf look like?"

"Brown in colour, hazel eyes."

"Brown? Not red?" Micah shakes his head. "I would have though she'd be red or something."

"Well, I've never seen a red wolf. Our hair colour doesn't determine the colour of our wolf. Not always, at least. Okay, actually..." he tilts his head in thought with a small smile, and I chuckle. "It kind of does, now that I think about it but, if you dye your hair blue, doesn't mean your wolf will be blue, suddenly. She has red hair and her wolf is brown. A... reddish brown, fair enough, but it's not red."