thirty | the third kiss

"I am not his kid." The young girl who's basically clinging onto Micah utters with the biggest baby pout when she gazes her big green eyes at me.

"I was just kidding, but you two look madly alike."

"We literally look nothing alike." Micah adds on, to which the little girl nods at.

I have to raise my eyebrow at the two of them. Fine, their eyes aren't the same colour, and sure, she has a more round nose compared to his, but they literally look identical. Almost like he had a baby with himself, kind of identical. Ears, mouth, head shape, eye shape. Heck, they both have a beauty spot on their cheek.

It's genuinely giving father and daughter if not twins or some sort.

"Mate, this is Sarah, my sister, who looks nothing like me." He sits up straight, hand secured around her tiny waist as he gazes at her with an arched eyebrow. "How old are you again? Two?"

The sibling gives him the most bored expression she could master with her lips downcast. "I'm seven."

"You don't look seven, you look two." He teases, and I can't help but swoon at how... loving he is with his sibling.

"Shut up." She giggles, tapping his shoulder as if it's meant to be some hit of reprimand.

"Well, nice to meet you, Sarah. I'm Gertrude but you can call me Gert." I give the girl a small wave.

She cutely waves back before shuffling besides Micah. He, however, raises an eyebrow at her and tilts his head. "Funny. Usually you have a lot to say with that big mouth of yours, especially when meeting new people."

"That's because she is pretty."

At first, I swoon and smile, flattered that a child like her would call me pretty only because I believe kids are the most honest people out there, and would call a spade a spade just as they could call an ugly person, an ugly person. Then, I gasp and glance at Micah, realising that she basically, indirectly, is saying everyone else she's met is ugly.

I'm honoured.

"Thank you, Sarah."

"I know she's pretty, that's why she's my mate." He scoffs at her, removing his hand. "Okay, why are you here?"

"I came to tell you that Natasha called and said—"

"Why were you in my room?"

Oh, the babe's name just reminds me that Micah and I have to talk about her and get things straight.

Once again, she pouts, except this one is filed with guilt. She raises her hand to carelessly move strands from her face. "The phone was ringing."

Micah squints his eyes at the young sibling. "I told you not to answer the phone when I'm not there."

"I know, I'm sorry." She sighs, scooting closer to him and continues clinging onto his side. "She said she has been waiting for you to call her, and she says I must tell you to call her."

"She bribed you, didn't she?"

The girl doesn't even hesitate to nod her head. "She said she would get me ice cream only if you called."

"Well, I am not calling her—"

"But what about my ice cream?"

"I'll get you ice cream, Sarah. Quit answering my phone, too. And if you don't mind, you're actually interrupting our date."

She dramatically sighs, getting up as she moves her hair once again. "Can I have some food, then?"

"Of course," I reach over for the sealed marshmallows before handing it over to her. She skeptically analyses it, even going as far as opening the packet and taking one out, squeezing it as if to quality assure the product, before shoving it in her mouth.