Forty nine | glow

There's a glow. Alongside that, there's humming. It's very soft though, one would need to be completely silent to hear it. I guess, in this case, I am silent, and I'm taking my time to wake up. To feel my toes wiggle in my shoes, or my hands stiffly stretch and clench. Through my nose, I take my first inhale and release it, before I take another through my mouth.

I don't need to have my eyes opened to see the glow, because even with them shut, I can very much see the glow. Still, I bat my eyes open a few times, groaning a bit as my eyes clear out.

The glow, I realise, is coming from a source. A huge source. The moon. Bigger than I've ever seen — it wasn't even this big when I went with Micah's pack for their howling and such.

Micah...

My eyes look around. I'm in a forest, it seems, and it's night time. The moon is right there, almost like I could quite literally go and touch it. It's a sphere, with grey, I guess, imperfections, like the moon would have. It's beyond bright, I'm surprised I can quite literally see it. I realise that I'm on grass. It's thick, soft, and a deep green shade.

Once I get up to my feet, I dust myself off, noticing I'm still in the same dress I had on back at the ceremony. I can feel my hair still in the bun, though a few strands have now slipped out.

The moment my eyes land back on this sphere-moon looking thing, I see it unravel. I see paws, hinds. A tail. I see the thick fur stretch out and then, I see ears peek up. It catches me all by surprise, but I can't even take my eyes off of the sight before me. The... Snow White wolf sets its four legs onto the ground, stepping with so much elegance and authority. I see how its head lifts up directly towards me. The black midnight eyes watch me as I watch it.

I can't say if it's about to pound at me or if it's just observing me like I am, it.

So, no longer is it a moon, but a wolf. I try to recall what Micah said, now that I realise that perhaps this is Moon Goddess Luna. Micah said something about it being woman. Maybe the woman turned into a wolf? Maybe there was no woman, and it's actually just a wolf that can make itself look like a moon — considering, it's still glowing immensely.

There's a whisper of my name. It comes from all directions, but I fear turning around just incase this wolf jump scares me by appearing before me, up close and personal. My name is carried within the light breeze of the wind surrounding this large wolf and I.

Before I can even digest it, a figure emerges from behind the wolf. It's a woman, I can see, and she also has such a white glow about her, though her skin is brown. Honey brown, contrasting the midnight sky and the bright moon-wolf besides her. I realise that the humming was coming from her, since she begins to hum. Her hand lightly grazes against the fur of the wolf as she walks towards its front.

Then, she takes hold of its entire head and embraces it. She places a kiss on its side, then rubs the top of its head, letting out a gentle laugh as the wolf huffs in delight.

Then, she turns to me. Her hair is in thick curls that don't even pass her ears — an Afro, an elegant Afro. Her big brown eyes look at me, and her lips hold a small, inviting smile. Her hands clutch onto the white dress she has on (I know Micah mentioned this, it feels familiar). Her bare feet step towards me, just twice, before she stops.

Nothing about her surprises me either than the fact that she looks like me. She looks exactly like me.

Her hand lifts up; two fingers motion a come here. "Come forward." She smiles brighter. "I don't bite."

The distance between us is great, yet I can very much see her as clear as day, along side hearing her.

"I'm... I think I'm good here. Thanks." I mutter.