fireworks-triplets

requested<3
<this talks abt fear of fireworks>

nick pov: i knew since the minute i woke up today it was going to suck. every new year goes some what we'll until it hits 12. for me and chris, we enjoy it. matt, not so much. here's why.

we spent christmas back home with family.
"everything okay matty" i said. "mhm" he said. he was cuddled up on the couch like burrito on his phone. we heard a couple fire works already but they sounded really distant so i think matt was okay. we gave him the airpods max for christmas this year. we told him to use it once it hits 12.

-later-

it was 11 pm and we already started to hear some fireworks.
"wear ur headphones" chris said from the kitchen. matt got up in a hurry and started to look for them. "where is it" he mumbled looking around. "check in ur room" mary lou suggested. she new his fear. matt went upstairs while the fire works only got worse. "shit i mumbled. chris stopped making food and mary lou took over. we went upstairs and tried to find matt.

"matt?!" i asked looking around. we opened his room and saw a bump in his bed. "matty" i cooed. i lifted the covers and saw his hands over his ears. "it's okay" chris said putting his hand on matt's shoulder. he jumped and looked up in fear. "hey it's okay" i said. he closed his eyes again. me and chris looked at eachother in jusg knew what to do. "sandwich" we both said at the same time. we hugged him from both sides. i stroked his hair while matt dug his face into chris neck. " i found them under the couch" mary lou said coming in out of know where. "thanks mom love u" i said. "love u mom" chris said. matt hadn't even noticed. but i noticed he was shaking. "matty wear these" i said plugging in music already. he put them on and hugged chris tighter by the looks of it.

"help" chris gasped. i tapped on matt and he released him and hugged me. "check the time chris" i said while rubbing matt's back. "11:50" he said. "shit we need to see the ball drop" i said. "put youtube on" i said. he pulled it up on his phone. new york hall drop obviously. we couldn't really get up bc of the situation so we set it up on some pillows. the fireworks outside stopped for a little assuming bc so much more are abt to unload. so i took the chance, "matty" i said. i pulled one side off. "yeah" he said softly. "the ball is abt to drop look" i said. he looked over at the phone. right when it drops and we say happy new year out ur headphone back on" i said. he nodded. he took them off meanwhile as we waited.

couple moments after the ball was dropping. "3, 2, 1" we all said. "happy new yearrr" we yelled. "holy shit i cant believe-" chris went on abt until we heard 10 fireworks go off at the same time. matt jumped and i put the head phones back on him as quick as i could. i shut the phone off and we laid down on his bed. chris shut the lights off and we basically all cuddled. me being the big spoon tho. chris and matt were both cuddle into me. "happy new year i spoke out softly as they both dozed off.