driving anxitey-matt

matt pov:
"babe we're going to be late" i hear y/n said. shit were never late. i rushed to the car her soon behind me. i started the car. "can u send the directions to me" i said. "okay i need to find them" she said. i already felt stressed enough that were late and now she doesn't have them ready. i'm already on the road. i don't even know where i'm going. "babe- i don't know where to go hook it up to the car" i said. i felt my heart racing. beating so fast, i think i even felt it skip a beat. "okay i think i got it" she said. she hooked it up. i still felt anxiety just taking over. i hadn't realized how quiet i have gotten.

"matt?" i heard a voice. seems like it echoed into my head. "babe drive to the side of the road" i hear i feel a hand touch my shoulder. i did so.

y/n pov:
all of a sudden matt went quiet. i noticed his anxiety kicked in  quickly. hasn't happened in awhile on the road.

i told him to pull over and he slowly did so. me having to put the turning signal. he looked so out of it. he got to the side and parked. he let out a breath i didn't know he was holding in. "matt" i say gently putting a hand on his cheek. "i need u to breathe with me okay" i said. he looked into my eyes. fear setting in. "ready" i said. i did this breathing exercise  i looked up once just so ik what to do when this happens. he followed and it seemed to work. he kept breathing with me and i out my hand on his chest. feeling for his heart. i felt it slow down. "i-im sorry" he said looking down. i tilted his head up to face me. "it's okay let's switch seats okay" i said kissing his temple.

we switched, "how r u feeling" i asked him. "a bit better" he said. i put my hand out so he can hold it while i drove. i knew matt loved physical touch from me when he felt like this. so he can feel safe and loved. "i'm sorry again, that has not happened in awhile" he said still ashamed. "babe, trust me it's okay, everything is okay" i say kissing his cheek. "thank u" he said softly and then looked out the window.

we got to the event finally and he's calm down for the most part. we were abt to walk in until he pulled me aside and hugged me. i hugged him back. it almost felt like i was sinking into his touch. "i'm so happy i have u, i love u, thank u" he mumbled into my neck. "i love u" i said. we pulled apart and kissed. "u okay to go in" i said reassuring. "with u i'm always okay" he said.