019: You're Souper

Troubled With Tattoos

Chapter Nineteen

You're Souper

I woke up to the constant sound of beeping coming from next to my head. It surely wasn't my alarm clock because those beeps were different. I peeked open my eyes to see an all white room. I looked down at my body seeing the familiar gown. I was in the hospital.

My eyes widened and I quickly moved my arms and legs to make sure I still had everything intact. I was slightly satisfied when they were still there. But I wasn't sure why I was in here. All that came to mind was going to the bonfire and that's it. I gazed at the IV trying to not get grossed out by looking at the needle stuck inside my arm.

I gulped turning my head to the sound of a door opening. Cherry walked in putting her phone in her purse. She looked up at me and smiled happily. She came over to my side, hugging me.

"Violet, how are you feeling hun?" She questioned looking me over to make sure I was in no pain.

"I'm fine, why am I here?" I asked my voice a bit groggy. She looked at me curiously as if I should remember but I didn't.

"You don't remember?" She asked pushing the nurse button on the remote. I shook my head no waiting impatiently for her to just tell me already, my stomach was twisting into knots.

"You were at a bonfire and your stomach was hurting," she began I nodded beginning to remember that horrible stomach pain, "well your appendix nearly burst, Austin rushed you to the hospital and well here you are. Still the same girl just without her appendix." She smiled moving some of my messy hair out of my face. Wasn't she mad I was with Austin?

"Are you mad?" I whispered looking up at her.

"That your appendix almost burst? Of course not, hun." She shook her head smiling.

"No, that I was with him?" I said a bit louder. She blew her hair out of her eyesight putting her hand on her hip. I rolled my dull brown eyes, here comes a rant or maybe another lecture.

"I was, but when I got the call saying he brought you to the hospital and even carried you in, I realized he must really care about you, the doctor said there was no trace of alcohol or drugs so I know you weren't doing anything you weren't supposed to and I'm just sorry I didn't trust you but I am willing to give him a chance, for you." She smiled her eyes watering a bit. I smiled back happy she would be willing to give him a chance, wait until she finds out there's three more. On the inside, I was bursting with awe. Austin carried me inside, but where'd he go?

There was a slight knock on the door before a nurse waltzed in with the doctor. She was young, probably in her twenties, she had blue scrubs on with white nursing shoes. She had a short bob that was a caramel brown and small framed glasses covering her eyes. The doctor was much older, his late forties I'm guessing. His gray hairs were noticeable along with the bags under his eyes.

"Hello Vivianne, I'm Dr. Pearson, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked putting a pair of purple gloves on. Vivianne? My eyes met with Cherry's as she gave me a look to go along with it. I assumed she had to use a fake name so my parents wouldn't be notified of my visit. I gulped, sitting up higher in my bed a bit nervous.

"I'm just going to check on the incisions and if everything's good you should be on your way." He gave me a friendly smile. He moved the blanket and lifted my gown up just enough to see my stomach. I relaxed a bit when I saw I still had underwear on. There were three small cuts on my abdomen. I remember reading up on appendicitis for a school project one time, it is less invasive than it used to be. It can be done microscopically now.