024: Faking Pregnancies

Troubled With Tattoos

Chapter Twenty Four

Faking Pregnancies

"Ya know, you're getting better at this." Austin chirped watching me drive. He had his hands behind his head as he leaned against the window. We had been visiting Cam everyday since, he was due to be released soon.

"You think so?" I blushed as I attempted to keep my eyes on the road. I kept glancing into my mirrors concerned at the fact that the same car has been behind us for a while. I had wondered if he noticed.

"I know so." He smiled. I swear butterflies still swarmed my stomach every time he smiled. I couldn't help but smile back until I remembered we were possibly being followed.

"This car's been behind us since we started," I said worriedly. At first, I thought it was just convenient but now we're in the middle of nowhere and they're still behind us. Austin quickly glanced out the mirror running his hand through his hair.

"Shit," Austin cursed, "Go faster." I pressed harder on the pedal. He sat up straight and kept glancing out the window. I had no idea where I was. I was going seventy-five on a forty-five limit.

"Faster." He said again looking behind us. I couldn't concentrate with him being so close to me and under the pressure of being followed. My heart started to race as I worried.

"I can't," I admitted. I was slightly embarrassed at the fact that I wasn't comfortable going faster.

"Okay, move." My eyes bugged out of my head at his words. Move? As in out of this seat? As I'm driving?

"What? I can't do that, I'm driving!" I panicked. I was nervous and probably looked like an idiot.

"Violet you have no choice. Cash is behind us and we need to lose them." He nearly yelled. I flinched at his tone slowly removing my foot from the pedal. As soon as it was gone it was replaced with his. I flopped over to the passenger seat as the car swerved left. Austin plopped down and controlled his car. I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding as he sped up. He took random turns nearly causing us to flip over on some.

He sped off for what seemed like an eternity but in reality, was maybe ten minutes but when you're being chased each minute felt like hours.

"I think we lost them." He said. I sighed in relief relaxing against the window. The long, narrow, empty road wasn't as empty as we thought.

The sirens blasted from far behind us as Austin slowed down. He did the unthinkable lifting his hoodie up over his head. Part of his shirt lifted up showing his bare skin as he maneuvered his way around the road.

"What are you doing?" I squeezed my eyes shut, even though my eyes were begging me to open them. I didn't forget the fact that he could take off his hoodie in less than a second. He rolled his sweatshirt into a messy ball.

"Put this under your shirt," he said throwing it at me. It landed on my head messing up my hair a bit. I eyed him as I shoved it awkwardly under my shirt. I looked like I had a deformed baby in my stomach.

"Why is your hoodie under my shirt?" I asked.

"You're pregnant, okay? When I give you the signal you gotta make the best labor pain noises ever." He muttered as he pulled to a complete stop. His fingers wrapped around the water bottle that sat in his cup holder. Suddenly he lifted it and before I knew it I had water trickling down my cheeks and my sweatshirt was soaked.

"It'll make it more believable." He smiled innocently at me. I shot him a look that said I'd pay him back for that later. I gulped as the officer hopped out of his patrol car and reached Austins car.