014: My Aunt Told Me Not To Ride With Strangers...

Troubled with Tattoos

Chapter Fourteen:

My Aunt Told Me Not To Ride With Strangers...

"I don't think Roxy likes you very much." Lizzie snickered. I gave her a look. She growled showing off her sharp teeth. Roxy was a tiny chihuahua that was feisty.

"I think she loves me." I replied sarcastically. Just hearing the water run made Roxy freak out. She left holes in my brand new uniform.

Roxy was wrapped in a towel tightly, the only thing showing was her tan face. Her evil eyes watched my every move like a hawk.

"Let's make a deal, you handle the smell dogs and I'll handle the big dogs," I said tiredly. My eyes glanced at the long scar on my arm.

Cherry's has been watching the news and even reading the newspapers obituaries, but my mother's name never appeared. She was either alive or dead and no one found her. But my father would've found her, he had to have by now.

"Deal. Quick question; why are they here?" She rolled her eyes. She spat out the word they as if it was poison. I caught her glance, my eyes meeting those of four familiar boys through the glass window. My eyebrows knit together as I wondered why they'd be here.

"I'm not sure." I'm not going to lie I was slightly excited the boys were here. They just made everything funnier and happier. I handed Lizzie the beast and made my way of the employees only room.

"Do you work for FedEx? Because I could have just sworn I saw you checking out my package." Camden smiled. The boys rolled their eyes, muttering to themselves.

I glanced over at Austin. He looked extra attractive today and he wasn't even trying. He wore a navy blue hoodie with dark jeans that hugged his legs. His hair was tousled like he just woke or he just got laid. 

"Violet, what's good?" Declan strolled over, he rubbed my head with his fist messing up my hair. I swatted him away catching eye contact with Austin. I got lost in his gaze before I knew it but a small yet feisty voice caught his attention.

"What are you guys doing here? I see no pet with you and in case you haven't noticed this is a pet salon. I'd hate to have to kick you out." Lizzie hissed glaring hard at all four of them. Her gaze roamed through the boys ending with Camden, her eyes lingering on him slightly longer.

"Well, no need to be a bitch about it." Luke shrugged off. My eyes popped out in surprise, I always knew Luke was the most daring one but I didn't see this coming. Lizzie gasped, her eyes getting narrow. Luke held back a triumphant grin. Lizzie's face grew red, she clenched her fists getting angry. 

The bell hanging above the front door jingled warning us that a customer had walked in. She smiled unaware of the rising tension she just broke. With one last look of hatred Lizzie quickly left to help her.

"When do you get off work?" Declan asked. I looked at the clock in the far back of the store.

"Right now actually." I made a face at the weird convenience. 

"Awesome, let's go out for some ice cream." Camden drooled, like literally drooled.

"Can you keep that in your mouth?" Luke said grossed out. Camden laughed wiping it with his saliva sleeve. I resisted the urge to gag.

"Ice cream? In the fall?" I asked. Who eats ice cream in the cold weather? Me.

"Yup," Camden grinned, "We'll wait for you in the car." I nodded heading over to clock out. I noticed Lizzie's stare as I walked by, it was only a matter of time before I heard her footsteps.