034: Familiar Faces

Troubled With Tattoos

Chapter Thirty Four

Familiar Faces

Camden POV:

I peeked my eyes open just as Violet left the room. She thought I was sleeping but I really just wanted to hold her. I could see Declan peeking his head up. Was he faking too?

"Do you love her?" He asked as soon as she was out of eyesight. I was taken back by his random question. His eyes burning into mine telling me there was no way out of this question. I've dreaded this question the last few weeks, and now here I was. I had never loved anyone before. Luke, Austin, and Declan were my only family. I wasn't taught how to love properly, what even is love?

I thought back to all those memories we made, the moments we shared. They wandered to her smile, to her eyes, to the day I met her on the bus.

Maybe I did love her. Was that the feeling that always came when she was around? I gulped, my heart pounding in my chest. The answer was here but did I already know it?

"Yes."

But I would never tell her. She saw me as a friend and only a friend. Besides, it was obvious she liked Austin. He was going to break her heart. Austin plays good guy but he's worse than me. At least I can admit I'm a bit of a player. He plays innocent, the girls like that. He was my best friend but he acted like the biggest idiot sometimes. 

"You'll figure things out." He shrugged leaving me to drown in my thoughts alone. 

Tires screeching filled the air, Luke came running in giving me the nod.

I could hear her screams and pounding feet coming up the stairs. She was scared and all I wanted was to make it go away for her. I opened Austins door just in time. 

"Violet, get in!" I said pushing her into the room. 

My eyes met with Violet's backside heading into Austins room. Axel and Jagger right on her tail. But, they'd have to go through me first. I jumped into the hallway surprising them both. Axel was quick to swing, I remember him. He had the quickest reflexes, you have to be one step ahead of him. Jagger was slower but stronger, his impact really hurt. One step ahead Cam.

I dodged Axel's punch only for him to send another. I left my gut open, rookie mistake. As I was hunched over in pain, Axel took his knee and smashed it into my face. Well, there goes my perfect nose. I could feel the blood drip down to my lips which only angered me more. Jagger took on Luke, bad move on his end. Luke was the strongest of us four, he could probably take on two Jaggers. 

These guys fight dirty, you have to be careful. At any moment they could whip out a knife or a gun. You know you're winning when you see them looking for their pockets. I sent my fist flying into Axel's side followed with a hook to the head. I caught him off guard. 

The idiot left his face uncovered again resulting in me hitting him with another hook. Jaggers body came sliding up next to me, he was knocked out. Luke hit him with the ol razzle-dazzle. 

"Need some help?" Luke grunted behind me. 

"I got him, go find Declan," I said in response as my foot knocked the wind out of Axel. Luke passed by us, his shirt soaked in sweat and some blood. I took Axels' body and shoved him into the wall. Pictures fell and the glass shattered. Axel flipped his position and shoved my back into the wall. Jagger groaned beside my leg distracting me. Axel took his opportunity knocking me out with a single uppercut. The last thing I saw was a bloody Cash heading into Austins room. I let her down.

Violets POV

Of course, knowing my luck I just told the boys my secret and I get...kidnapped. If that's what you want to call it. I was scared but I had already accepted my fate. I had been scared so much these last few months, it was almost a part of my personality now. My friends have helped me the best they could but they were outnumbered. 

I had been sitting in the back of what I had assumed was a van for quite some time now. It smelt like blood and sweat. My tear-stained face was stiff from crying. The boys definitely put up a fight. I woke up maybe twenty minutes ago but I will never know how long I was out for. My guess is they are going to bring me to this mysterious leader. I rolled my eyes at my own conversation taking place in my head. This isn't the board game clue, I'm going to find out who it is eventually so they may as well come clean. What does anyone want to do with a young teen? Actually never mind I don't want to know. I just hoped the boys were okay. I couldn't get the image of Lukes feet and Austins unconscious body out of my head. It was burning in my brain, I needed to know they were okay. 

Aunt Cherry crossed my mind. I wondered where she was and if she was okay. I had tape over my mouth that was starting to lift at the corners. The rope around my wrists was beginning to burn as I tried to wiggle my way out for the thousandth time. I hope the boys weren't seriously injured. This was the end of Violet Jo Morris.

"Alright, its showtime. Are you sure he wants her alive?" One of the guys said. I gulped at the words he chose. Cash then turned to me giving me a wink. If I could punch him, I would. But for now, I will stick with rolling my eyes since it was about the only thing I could move at the moment. Just know that I am giving you the finger behind my back Cash. He wrapped the ratty looking blindfold around my eyes once again. 

"That's what he said." Cash replied. I have never hated someone as much as I hated Cash right now. I could hear the van door being opened. Finally a breeze of oxygen, anything was better than this smell. I was pushed out of the van by a few man and soon I found myself walking. All I could see was the blackness from the blindfold, maybe if I wiggled my head enough it would come loose again. Two men clutched onto my arms. I debated on whether or not I should test my karate skills. I decided with no since I couldn't even move my arm under their strength. 

I was being dragged for quite a few minutes. Their grips on my arms were sure to leave bruises.

"Where are you taking me?" I finally asked, my voice a little raspy. All I could hear was the sound of feet hitting the floor and the heavy breathing of the guys next to me.

"Shut up." The man to my right said. Well, good talk. My blindfold was ripped off and I found myself standing in front of an old-looking office. Behind the black desk chair was my buyer. Never did I once expect who was sitting in that chair.

"Dad?"