003: Hot Guys At The Car Garage

Troubled with Tattoos

Chapter Three:

Hot Guys At The Car Garage

I jogged down the creaking stairs of Aunt Cherry's small home after hearing my name being called. My tight dark jeans hugged my legs as I hopped down the stairs.

"Oh, there you are," Her eyes lit up, "Could you do me a favor?" She pleaded. What kind of question was that? Of course, I'd do her a favor after all she's done for me.

"Sure, what can I do?" I ask hoping for something rather easy. She smiled as if she was surprised I offered to help.

"I need to check on the car today at the garage but I don't have the time. Could you maybe go down and see?" Her long eyelashes batted. Yesterday while she was out running errands her old car broke down once again.

Her dirty blonde hair was pinned back and her work clothes were on. I would gladly do anything she asked, however, I'd need directions or a map for this quest.

"I'd love to, but I don't know how to get there," I bit my lip. I didn't know how to drive so I'd have to walk. Yes, I know, who has ever heard of a seventeen-year-old without at least her permit? Well, my parents weren't exactly the most supportive.

"Oh well don't think I'd make you go somewhere without giving you directions," She chuckled patting my shoulder. She reached over grabbed a pen and paper to write down the directions.

"First, you walk down to the end of this street, then you take a right onto Cornelia Road. It's a funky name for a road if you ask me," She joked around. I loved how carefree and outgoing Aunt Cherry was, the same way mom used to be.

"Once you reach the center of town where the library is, go past the park and take a left onto Houston Ave. Now that's the road that the shops on, but be careful at night that road gets very creepy," Her eyes bugged with emphasis. Well I shouldn't be gone that long, right?

"Alright well, I best get going sweet pea, good luck and don't forget the directions" She kissed my cheek goodbye and headed out the door. Looks like it's just me, myself and I. The familiar feeling of loneliness occurred. 

I could always bring Ollie, her small chihuahua. "Ollie!" I called out hoping he wasn't deaf. I could hear small pitter-patters of nails hitting the floor. Ollie appeared around the corner with his tail wagging everywhere.

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked grabbing the leash off the counter. He barked jumping around with his tongue hanging out.

I hooked the leash onto his collar grabbing a thin sweatshirt on the way out. The directions were folded up into my pocket.

"Let's go" I muttered to myself closing the door behind me. I jumped down the front steps of her deck as Ollie pulled on the leash.

I shrieked quietly as he tugged forward, he mustn't go on very many walks. I followed the first direction which was to go all the way down this road and then to take a right onto Cornelia Road. Ollie seemed to calm down and was walking at a normal speed.

After stopping a few times for Ollie to pee on every tree he saw, we finally reached Cornelia Road. Now somehow this round is going to lead us to the center of town. This town was very green, there were trees and flowers planted everywhere. I wonder what it looked like when spring comes around.

Ollie's legs grew tired from all the walking and we were at a much slower pace than before. Cars passed by us as we walked against traffic.

I couldn't help but let my mind wander to my future. I would save up money from working at the shop and go to college. I had never considered I'd have much of a future but now that im away from my parents I had endless opportunities. I had just felt slightly guilty for leaving them.