028: Human Version Of The Ninja Turtles

Troubled With Tattoos

Chapter Twenty Eight

Human Version Of The Ninja Turtles

The bell rang signaling the beginning of first class. I had biology class first, and I was hoping to talk to Lizzie later. I dragged my tired legs to the biology lab at the corner of the school. I walked in with Max. He was talking about this new game he has been waiting for forever to come out. His friend Wyatt jumped into the conversation as soon as we set foot in the room. I tuned them out as I was not interested in their games. As usual, Camden was running late, literally. I heard his rough shoes hitting the floor before I could place an eye on him. I chuckled as I watched him struggle to get in the classroom before the teacher closed the door. Fortunately, he made it. He stomped into the room just as the teacher got up from her chair. She wasn't pleased with his tardiness. He threw me a smirk, he wasn't even out of breath. I was still unsure of how Camden's family could have completely abandoned him. Maybe there was more to it I didn't know. But it was okay if he wasn't ready to tell me, after all, he knows nothing about mine.

"Nice of you to join us, Mr. Taylor." She muttered pushing her thin framed glasses further up her nose. She closed the door behind him as he took a seat next to me. She took a quick attendance and then explained that we would be learning about the evolution of underwater creatures.

Camden sat down next to me like I knew he would. He wore a gray hoodie with black jeans. He didn't carry a backpack, and half the time he didn't even have a pencil. The teacher was heading our way with a stern look plastered on her ancient face. She was carrying a huge stack of papers.

"Camden, you're failing this class. I'm giving you extra time to finish the homework assignments you've missed since this semester started." She said as she roughly dropped the stack of papers down on the table. I flinched at the loud noise earning a glance from Cam.

"You have until next Friday, and I suggest you have your friend Violet here tutor you." She said before walking away.

"I guess being shot doesn't get you any sympathy around here." He mumbled.

"That's a lot of homework to do," I said staring at the huge stack of unfinished paperwork. There was no way I could tutor Cam. He would never be able to concentrate.

"Are you my homework because I should definitely be doing you." He smirked. I hit his arm hoping no one heard.

"Well looks like you have a busy weekend," I joked. There was nothing in this world that could get Camden to do his homework.

"I have a better idea," he shrugged throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Does it involve setting things on fire?" I joked. He shook his head no and mumbled a 'not this time'.

"Let's have a party and invite your pants to come on down." He suggested wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"I'm not throwing a party at my aunt's house." I said. The teacher was talking about whales and how they have evolved. Max was doodling in his notebook ignoring our conversation.

"We can throw one at Declan's house, his parents won't be home tonight." He shrugged. I guess there was no harm in that.

"We can't just throw a party at someone else's house, Cam." I laughed. The teacher shushed us and she sent us a glare. Camden moved around on the uncomfortable lab stool.

"Sure we can, I've done it a hundred times and a half." He chuckled. A half? How was that possible? I'm not going to ask.

"Fine." I sighed as I gave in. Here I go again with being easily persuaded.