021: She Trusts Us

Troubled with Tattoos

Chapter Twenty One

She Trusts Us

We drove for hours crammed in Luke's new truck. Don't get me wrong it was quite spacious but when Cam lays his head on your shoulder with slobber coming from his lips, it's not pretty. I could feel his saliva leaking off my shirt onto my skin. Finally Luke pulled into a long dirt road that led into the woods. The boys had refused to answer any questions no matter how much I pleaded. I was in the dark and no one wanted to inform me what was going on.

He kept driving for a good ten minutes before a huge lakeside cabin came into sight. My eyes bulged just looking at it.

"And...we're here," Luke said proudly turning off the truck.  Cams refused when I asked him if he drooled on me but I'm pretty sure he did at one point because as far as I know my shoulders don't sweat.

"I can't wait to hunt." Declan stretched, I ignored him as I didn't agree with his hobby. I moved my shoulder around to wake Cam but he only groaned wrapping his arm around my waist. I sighed moving it around more. Damn this boy was a heavy sleeper.

"Guys, a little help?" I called to them once they deserted me in the car. Luke turned around noticing my trouble. He strolled over and flicked Camden's ear. Cam shot up instantly narrowing his eyes at Luke. I used the free time to hurriedly get out of the truck before Cam could snuggle up again.

"This place is amazing, how did you guys even afford this?" I gasped looking at the beautiful log cabin on the lake. I stretched out fixing my T-shirt and jeans.

"Didn't have to, I know the owner." Luke shrugged managing to unlock the giant door with his luggage in both hands. My eyes only widened more seeing the inside. It was all open, the kitchen was like a chef's dream with its marble counters and stainless steel appliances. There were leather couches in the middle with a huge fireplace that warmed up the entire cabin. There were huge windows that reached the floor with a view of the lake. There was a bar with various stools made out of logs.

"Holy cow." I finally managed to say as I dropped my leopard print luggage dying to see more. The boys said there were five bedrooms and three bathrooms. All the bedrooms were upstairs. Luke turned on the light leading us to the back deck which had lights leading down the dock to the lake and a jacuzzi a few feet away. I could live here, hell I wish I did.

"There's a games room too." Austin pointed out opening the door. I peeked inside looking at the huge room filled with a pool table, foosball, air hockey and a home theater with a popcorn making machine.

"Want to see your room?" Austin asked suddenly appearing behind me.

"I think you mean our room." Camden fake coughed sliding his arm over my shoulder. Austin eyed him as he turned around leading the way to my room anyway. We walked up the giant stairs to where the bedrooms were. I still couldn't believe this place wasn't already rented on such short notice. It was perfect. We went down three doors before Austin opened one.

"This one's always been too girly for us, so it's yours now." Austin chuckled. My jaw dropped as I gazed at the pink suite. It was a nice light shade of rose, nothing overwhelming. The bed was king-sized with posts at each corner draped with a giant white canopy. I nearly died inside when I saw the walk-in closet. There were huge windows where I could see a perfect view of the lake. I smiled as I jumped on the bed landing straight on my back.

"See, she already knows to go straight to the bed, I've trained her well." I heard Camden say from the doorway. I sat up leaning on my elbows giving him a stare. He smiled innocently as Austin rolled his eyes leaving. The clouds diminished faster than I had wanted, a few stars took its place in the night sky.