033: Taken

Troubled With Tattoos

Chapter Thirty-Three

Taken

    I started with Ashton and his illness. The boys were surprised to hear I had a sibling. Then I told them about my mother's drug addictions that came soon after his death. How she changed in a matter of weeks. I explained in such detail of how they weren't even recognizable. Then I explained that night. The night I left my house with my arm cut up like a turkey on thanksgiving. I even showed them the long scar that I couldn't bear look at. And in return, they stared at me completely speechless.

"Well, what do you know, the innocent Violet isn't as innocent as we thought." Declan chuckled running his hands through his hair. 

     "Violet...that's terrible," Luke said leaning against the wall as he peeked through the window every few minutes to watch the police search my house. 

    "And people say we're the bad influence, Violet is a wanted runaway." Camden pointed out as he shrugged his shoulders. He shot me his notorious smirk. 

    "Who else knows where you've been staying?" Declan asked holding his scruffed up chin his hands. 

   "No one," I recalled. How could anyone else know I'm with Aunt Cherry. 

   "Someone knows. We're one step behind them no matter what we do." Austin sighed. My heart had sunk to my stomach.

  "This could all come crashing down before we know it, we have nothing planned, we have no strategies and we have no idea what we're doing because we have no idea what they are doing. Austins right, we're always one step behind." Luke said desperately. 

   "Luke, we got this. We always figure it out." Declan claimed as he patted Luke on the back.  

   "Hey, the cops are leaving." Cam pointed out as they drove down the street. A sigh of relief came out past everyone's lips especially my own. I don't feel safe anywhere anymore. 

   "I suggest you lay low from school for a while, they could have cops in the school if they receive a report," Declan said. The boys nodded in agreement as did I.

   "I got suspended anyway," I muttered. Declan shook his head in disbelief.

   "Maybe we are the bad influences..." Luke rambled. I then proceeded to tell them why I got suspended which Austin's ear perked up too. 

  "If you guys think this is the worst thing you've heard today wait until you hear this." Camden scoffed. He gave me a look. I sighed and told them that my dear Aunt Cherry was dating Ramiro Cortez.

   "As if the story couldn't get any more complicated." Austin groaned.

  "Violet... you said Ramiro left right before the cops came right? He knows who you are, he reported you. He wanted you out of that house." Luke said as he tried to solve this mystery called my life. 

  "Maybe it was a warning, like a threat almost. He wants you to know he knows who you are because you obviously know who he is too." Declan made a point.

  "It is a warning, Violet... I think they want you now." Austin stood up as if he just solved the puzzle. The other boys had the same look on their faces, they knew he was right.

  "Someone needs to be with her at all times, two people the least." Luke butted in. My heart was racing and my eyes were watering. 

  "She's not safe here, with any of us. They know where we all live." Declan pointed out.