008: Sleepovers With A Case Of Munchies

Troubled with Tattoos

Chapter Eight

Sleepovers With A Case Of Munchies

Yesterday had been an extremely confusing day. I mean for one Camden Taylor is good friends with Austin Hayes, who would have guessed? And then out of nowhere, there were gunshots.

I had lived in the city my whole life and we had heard of these types of situations all the time. But never did I think I'd be in one. I shivered at the memory remembering how stupid I was and couldn't even move. It had brought back so many unwanted flashbacks of my past.

I scrubbed the shampoo all throughout my scalp furiously causing me to wince when I accidentally tugged too hard. I was in the shower, the place where most teenagers do all their important thinking these days. My phone was playing music but these wandering thoughts couldn't help but block it out.

His words kept replaying in my head as his angry voice rang over and over again.

Violet run.

I just wanted to rip my hair out in frustration. Why couldn't I run?

"Violet! Your friends are here!" I heard Cherry shout to me from downstairs. I quickly poured conditioner all over my head and rinsed it out at the same time. I turned the nozzle and the water slowed to a stop.

Wrapping a towel around myself I ran back into my room with my phone blaring music in my hand. I wasn't expecting them to be here so early. Or maybe I was just in the shower for too long. The wrinkles on my fingers proved the second thought to be true.

"Violet!" My aunt yelled. I cursed under my breath harshly running a brush through my soaking wet hair.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back leaving my room.

"It's not a date you know!" She called back and I rolled my eyes playfully. What was her deal with dates lately? I had to get down there before she invested my friends in my negative dating experiences. I ran down the stairs nearly face planting when my foot slipped, luckily I caught myself.

Rose and Lizzie stood in the doorway smiling at me. I was dying to tell someone about last night but I didn't know who to tell. Aunt Cherry told me to stay away from our neighbors but she doesn't know they are the ones who fix her car. Lizzie and Rose warned me to stay away from Austin. It was just a favor for my aunt but I didn't leave when I had the chance. I settled on the idea of never telling a single soul.

"Violet, you've never been on a date?" Lizzie questioned planting her butt on the leather couch. I mentally cursed at Cherry as she excused herself so she wouldn't have to face the wrath of Violet.

"That's my cue to leave, let me know if you need anything!" She bolting up the stairs chuckling. I glared hard at her as she gave me an innocent smile before hiding away in her room.

"Well, have you?" Rose pushed. I bit my lip shaking my head shamefully.

 "We could set you up a tinder." She offered as she pulled out a giant bag of cheese balls from her overnight bag.

"I'll have to pass on that one," I said. She chuckled shoving her face. We were about ten minutes into a rom-com when a fight over cheese balls erupted.

"Give me some!" Rose whined reaching out towards the bag of cheese balls. She dodged her arm moving the bag. She tried to speak but she had too many cheese balls in her mouth. She resembled a hamster with her cheeks all puffed out.

"Lizzie, give me some!" She climbed off the loveseat and jumped on top of Lizzie. I just watched as they got in their own little battle over cheese balls. Rose's foot was on her face while Lizzie's hand was pushing her away.