007: Curiosity Killed The Cat

Troubled with Tattoos

Chapter Seven:

Curiosity Killed The Cat

"No no no," I complained at the cliche horror movie I was watching. "Don't go in there, stupid!" I yelled hopelessly at the dumb girl, shoving buttery popcorn down my throat.

Instead of running out of the exit, the idiot runs up the stairs only to be cornered by the masked murderer. What is wrong with the directors of these horrible movies? They make the girl population look idiotic and useless.

I was wrapped tightly in a fluffy zebra blanket, watching a movie on Cherry's leather couch. It was six o'clock at night, the sun had set a while ago leaving it dark outside.

Camden totally fell for my little white lie yesterday, he was pissed that he not only owed me fifty bucks but that he never got his kiss. I was more than relieved to not disappoint my new friends.

The girls were coming over tomorrow night for romcom movies and endless snacking. Cherry was a little hesitant at first but after some convincing she agreed.

An ear-piercing scream burst through the television causing me to jump a mile. I felt my heart rate nearly pick up ten times the rate. Stupid girl, I told you not to go in there, they never listen to me.

"Vi, turn down that TV you nearly gave me a heart attack." Aunt Cherry spoke as she stomped down the stairs all dressed up. She wore a simple black dress that stopped just below her kneecaps. She wore a jacket over her classy attire, her dirty blonde hair set straight down. Her face wore makeup, something I wasn't used too.

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously, pausing the movie just as the girl was being slaughtered. She grinned sheepishly and I had nearly begged for details. Aunt Cherry was the most humble person I know.

"Cherry, you better tell me this instant." I joked with her but there was still a tone of seriousness to it. Suddenly our roles had switched and she became the teenager and I, the adult.

"I'm just going....on a date." She said twirling a piece of straight blonde hair between her long bony fingers. I gasped excitedly causing her cheeks to turn a shade of pink. She was really starting to live her dream. First the pet shop, now a potential relationship.

"They grow up so fast." I feigned a tear wiping it causing her to laugh at the irony. She put a hand on her hip giving me a funny look.

"Violet do you even know what a date it?" She gave me a pointed look but you could see the humor in it. She'd be the last person to push me into dating.

"I'm not almost forty." I pointed out evilly. I followed up with a bunch of just kiddings. Aunt Cherry and I had the best relationship. We could joke like sisters, lecture like parents, and question each other like cops. It had always been this way. I had always secretly wished Aunt Cherry was my mother when I was younger. She was more welcoming and hung all my drawings on her fridge. My own mother kept me in my room for hours telling me to clean.

"As long as you didn't meet him off tinder." I jokingly stated. But to my surprise her face changed.

"Cherry." I began, she blushed.

"What? We old people can use tinder too." She shrugged. It suddenly occured to me that Cherry thought tinder was an actual dating app. Someone had to break the news to her.

"Tinder is for one night stands Cherry! Most people on there are catfish." I exclaimed. My only mature guardian was about to walk into a terrible date. Not on my watch.