015: Meet The Hayes

Troubled With Tattoos

Chapter Fifteen

Meet The Hayes

"Is it Valentine's day?" I asked curiously as I sat down at the lunch table. The main talk of the day was the roses that were being handed out during lunch. I watched some students I didn't know hand out roses with notes attached to them. I guess I forgot it was coming up since I've been with the boys every day this week.  Lizzie had apologized for the other day and blamed her outrage on her hormones being shot because of her period.

"No, this school is just weird and we hand out appreciation roses," Lizzie said harshly as she opened her bag of chips aggressively.

"Jeez, what crawled up your ass and died?" Rose asked. Lizzie sighed casting her eyes down as if she was disappointed. Her brown hair was in a french braid and she dressed in a sweater and leggings.

"Just some stupid guy, said he'd call me back and never did because of this stupid volcano on my chin." She said angrily biting hard into her chips. I didnt notice until she pointed it out, she had a small pimple freshly popped on her chin. But it was barely noticeable. I wondered who this boy was and how come she didn't tell me about him. She is probably upset that she hadn't received a rose.

My eyes shifted to Camden's ascending figure as he walked into the cafeteria. His sweat pants and plain t-shirt still complimented him. But I'd never tell him that, his ego was already huge.

Lizzie cursed under her breath as he neared our table. Rose on the other hand, was in heaven watching as he made his way across the lunchroom to our rectangular table. 

"You're going to the carnival tomorrow night, right?" He looked at me expectantly. I could see Lizzie rolling her eyes without even having to glance at her.

Apparently they have a carnival every year around this time and all funds go to local charities and orphanages. Lizzie was telling me about it yesterday. It's supposed to be really fun, the whole school normally shows every year.

"Yeah, I'll make it," I said knowing my aunt would let me. It's a carnival she couldn't say no.

"Awesome, see you there." He winked strutting away. 

"Why do you even associate with him?" Lizzie scoffed.

"Because normal people can make friends without asking their other friends for permission first," I said. I opened up my bottle of orange soda taking a sip.

"Yeah well, we're not normal." She said waving her hand at Rose and another girl who had straws up their noses. I gave them a weird look and they gave one back of pure innocence. 

The roses reached our table.
The brunette with a short bob and small framed glasses handed a rose to Lizzie. It was red, bloomed and pretty. She opened the note and the look of disappointment left her face. She smiled closing it smelling her rose.

"Who's it from Liz?" I asked wondering who made her smile.

"Cash, the boy from the basketball game." She smiled. The girl handed one to Rose and she gave a knowing look to Max. He blushed as she opened the card. She handed three more to the other girls at our table and went to the next. 

"I'm sorry," Lizzie said frowning. 

"For what?" I asked hoping she was finally over the fact that I have other friends. 

"I would've bought you a rose. I just figured Cam would." She said putting her rose down on the table. 

"It's okay. I don't want a stupid rose anyway, they just die." I fake laughed. Who was I kidding, I wanted a rose.