026: Friend

Troubled with Tattoos

Chapter Twenty Six

Friend

"That dress would look great on my bedroom floor!" Camden gleamed as I strolled out of the front door of Aunt Cherry's house. I nervously glanced at Aunt Cherry hoping she didn't hear that. I had found the perfect red dress. Camden looked good with his black dress shirt.

"You guys are so cute, let me get a picture." Aunt Cherry squealed jumping in front of us. I placed my hand on Cam's arm and smiled. My hair was curled in long loose waves and my makeup was fierce. I had on silver stilettos and somehow managed to walk. However, the night has just begun and there are many more steps where that came from.

Camden drove us to the school where the spring formal was held. Cherry wished us a good night but only after she reminded me of my midnight curfew.

"I knew you would say yes to me, I mean who could turn this down," Cam smirked looking at himself in the mirror making weird poses.

"Or maybe I just wanted pizza." I jokingly mumbled. He gave me a side glare in which I laughed in response at.

"I'm kidding, of course, I said yes," I smiled looking him over once again. He never fails at putting a smile on my face. He parked at the closest spot and we walked into the dance together. Pink and light green balloons were everywhere along with glow sticks. They led us to the gymnasium where Camden gave them our tickets. They let us go inside where music was blasting and people were dancing. I cringed when I saw some of my teachers supervising the dance.

Camden started coughing abruptly.

"Oh no, I'm choking! I need mouth to mouth, quick!" he choked out. I laughed rolling my eyes.

"Choking on what, you don't even have a drink?" I chuckled while pointing out the obvious. The ends of his lips peaked up a little while he attempted to keep a straight face.

"Good point. I'm gonna get us some drinks." He grinned heading to the table filled with sodas. Kara was walking towards me at full speed making my nerves jump around. She had on the light blue dress she and Lizzie fought over..

"Violet! You are so gorgeous." Kara threw on a giant fake smile. My jaw was slightly open in shock at what she had just said. After all the times I had been called a slut and whore because of her she now tells me I'm gorgeous? I couldn't keep up with the dramas of the female population. I think what I hated most about high school was how girls just pretended to be friends with each other.

"Thanks" I awkwardly answered. I meant to say 'you too' but my mouth refused to let those words fall out. It's not that she wasn't pretty, she was beautiful but after how she made me feel I don't think I could say something nice just yet. Why was she so calm and suddenly nice?

Camden returned with the drinks as he handed me one. I shouted thanks over the loud music but I doubt he heard me. 

A slow song then came on. The flow of couples and dates went to the dance floor. A light poke on my shoulder interrupted my thoughts as I spun around.

"Come dance with me." he gleamed. It wasn't even a question, but how could I refuse his goofy smile. He took my drink putting it on the nearest table. I took his hand and we walked to the dancefloor. He spun me around and placed his hands on my waist. Lifting my arms I placed them around his neck, no not in a choking position. In a friendly slow dance position.

 I laid my head on his shoulder watching the other couples dance. My eyes met the cold ones of Cash. He had his arms wrapped around Lizzie's tiny waist but yet he still stared at me. A sudden bad feeling entered the pit of my stomach.