016: Carnival Chaos

Troubled with Tattoos

Chapter Sixteen

Carnival Chaos

"I made you come with one finger, imagine what I could do with my whole hand." Camden winked opening the front door. He had called me over from Austins kitchen window.

All day Cam had been bugging me about this stupid carnival. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go just to push him off the Ferris wheel. It was a big event for this town.

I sighed walking behind him, we were walking into Austin's home almost ready for the carnival. I followed him into the living room meeting up with the guys who were on the couch.

"I got Violet." Camden said excitedly before wandering off leaving me with Ducky, Luke, and Austin.

"Hey Violet," Luke responded switching the channel on the television.

"Hey," I replied sitting in an empty chair. Austin was dressed casually, dark jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt with his father's shops logo on the front corner. His hair was barely touched, probably hasn't touched it all day. Declan, on the other hand, kept a comb in his pocket. I asked him once what for and he claimed it was for emergencies.

"Guys quick! I made food!" Camden yelled from the kitchen. The boys eyes widened quickly as they bolted into the kitchen stumbling over each other. I have learned that the thought of Camden near sharp objects or dangerous objects is scary and also when he cooks.

I followed behind them curiously hearing Camden's coughs, he pulled out a huge stack of... was that pizza?

The smoke detector started 'cheering' him on as Cam would say. Camden put down the pizza using his glove to swat away the cloud of smoke.

"What is that?" Luke asked swatting at the smoke. It was layers upon layers of pizza stacked. This kid had the brain of a two-year-old except I wasn't going to lie it was a pretty good idea.

"Its a pizza cake!" He said proudly holding up his pizza cake. Austin laughed disguising it with a cough. Luke opened up a few windows to air out the smoke.

"Cam, I'm not going to lie that actually looks really good. Give me a piece," Declan smiled grabbing plates. Luke gave him a look and Declan shrugged as Cam slapped a piece on the plate.

"Declan, can you not encourage him to cook unsupervised?" Luke sighed taking a piece anyway. Camden handed me and Austin one. He was really quiet.

We walked out into the living room sitting on the couch. Camden was next to me, too close, and Austin was on the other side. Cam reached for the remote turning on the TV wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Soda anyone?" Luke asked getting up from the couch.

"I'll take a fanta," I said, the boys agreed. One thing I learned about Luke was that he was the most responsible. He was the leader of the pact, not that their wolves but if they were Luke would definitely be the leader.

"The women still has not been recognized and police have released the footage from the video camera." The news girl spoke as the screen switched to a tape, I watched as the women hurried down the hallway. It was horrible quality but I knew it was her. Just by her blonde hair and the way she looked around carefully. That was my mother.

I gulped grabbing the remote quickly switching the channel. The boys gave me a weird look as Luke handed me a fanta.

"The news is stupid." I fake laughed trying to act casual. I cracked open my soda sipping it hoping they'd just let it slide. But Declan's eyes were digging into me and I could feel it.