Chapter 75

Guys, i'm sorry it always takes me forever to update. DX It's just i'm so busy with school right now i don't have a lot of time to write. And this would have been up sooner but my computer was being a butt... -_- But... luckily i am almost done with school and i will be able to update a lot more and quicker!! :) Hope you guys like this chapter!!!

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

At first the gang didn't understand what I said so I started from the beginning and told them everything that happened, with Michael and him threatening me to go after Jennie. Once they understood what I was saying, the gang was furious at me. I was yelled at and cursed at, and I just stood there. I knew I deserved everything they said to me, and deep down I knew they didn't mean it. Ani, Adri, and Em were tearing up at the news. Sodapop went into the other room and shut himself in, but soon Ani and the other girls were able to get him out so we could head over to my house and tell Jennie. I was going to have Ponyboy come up to her room with me and tell her. This was going to be a lot harder than telling the gang. Her heart was going to break, and her face would fall to disappointment and sadness in less than two seconds. She's going to think every awful, hateful thing that our dad said to her is true and this time... I won't be able to help her, I won't be able to convince her this time that he was wrong and everything he said was a lie. I walked into my house and could faintly hear her record player upstairs. I paced the room for a second and then looked over at the gang. They all had looks of sympathy and sadness, even Dal. "Pony, come help me tell her." I said and turned to walk up the stairs. Pony followed behind me and when we got to her room I hesitated before walking in. She saw us as soon as we walked in and came over to give me a hug and she gave Pony a quick kiss. I could barely meet her eyes but I forced a smile at first, but then I finally met her eyes and she could tell something was wrong. Jennie turned off the record player. "What's wrong?" She asked and looked between the both of us. Pony was standing against the door and I stood a few feet in front of Jennie. "Umm... I don't really know how to say this, Jennie.... But I will start off with this, you are my only sister, the only family that I have left and I love you with all my heart and I would never do anything to harm you in anyway on purpose. You know that right?" I asked her and she nodded warily and took a step back. "Johnny, where are you going with this?" She asked. "Just let me finish explaining because if I stop now I won't be able to tell you." She nodded for me to continue. I felt tears beginning to come to my eyes again. "You know that what Dad said to you, before he was taken away is wrong, right? Whatever he said, no matter how much evidence proves it otherwise, is completely wrong!" Again Jennie nodded, I could tell by her face she was trying to figure out what I was saying. Tears now began to rush down my cheeks. "Jennie... I'm so sorry....." I said and stepped towards her but she took another step back. "What did you do?" She asked cautiously. "I didn't know what to do! I panicked and it just slipped out! I didn't mean to do it, I didn't want to!" She talked over me, "Johnny, what happened?!" This time it was a little more forceful. "I wasn't thinking about what I was saying or doing! I just wish I could take it back and make it have never happened! You're going to hate me forever, oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Jennie charged forward at me and took me by the shoulders shaking me slightly as she spoke, "WHAT DID YOU DO!?" I took a deep breath and looked into her eyes. I could barely see her from the amount of tears in my eyes. "I made a bet with a Soc in a drag race..." I began but her face softened, she thought it wasn't that bad. "No, Jennie, Johnnycakes hasn't told you the worst part yet." Pony said and pushed off the door. "You don't know what I bet and what Soc I bet it against." I said and a sob escaped my lips and I felt my body shake. "It was against Michael," the color drained from her face and she let go of me, taking a step back, "and you were what we bet..." I said and looked down. My lips felt numb and several tears fell to the floor. I didn't hear a response from Jennie for about ten seconds so I looked up at her. Pony came and stood next to me. "Jen-jen, do you realize what I said? Are you okay?" I said and stepped forward. "Get out!" She said simply and met my eyes. I felt my face fall and my heart break. "Jennie... you don't-" I began but she cut me off, "I said GET OUT!" She said through gritted teeth. I reached my arm out towards her to wipe a tear that was falling from her eye but she jerked away. "I can't believe I ever believed a word you said, that Dad was wrong and that you actually cared." She laughed shortly and sarcastically to herself, shaking her head as more tears fell. "But-" I began but she snapped on me. "DON'T EVEN FUCKING START WITH THAT SHIT! 'Oh, I do care about you Jennie.' Or 'Dad was wrong about every single thing he said.' YOUR ACTIONS SAY OTHERWISE! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO YOU TO GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK ASS SKULL! DID YOU EVEN THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES?! NO, OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T! 'Why should I think of the consequences of my actions? It's not going to do any harm! Who cares what I do, nothing bad will happen!' WELL YOU KNOW WHAT SOMETHING BAD DID HAPPEN! YOU WERE TOO CONCERNED ABOUT YOU FUCKING PRIDE TO THINK OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING! YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING DUMBASS, YOU DIP SHIT! NOW YOU'RE GONNA-" She stopped and breathed heavily for a few seconds to catch her breath as tears immediately sprang to her eyes, "You know what, I'm done. I hate you, Johnathan. I hate you with every fucking ounce in my body. Get out of my room." She pointed toward the door and looked down at her feet. Her arm dropped shakily. I did this to her... I broke her... and now she hates me... A few seconds later she looked up at us. I saw anger and heart break in her eyes, with tears flooding down her cheeks. "I SAID GET OUT!" She shrieked at us while grabbing the closest thing she could and throwing it at me. Pony and I rushed out of the room as it hit the wall next to me head. The door closed and I heard the lock click. Tears streamed down my face. "I think it'd be best if you came and stayed at our house Johnny." Pony said quietly. "She wants to be alone." I shook my head, "No, I need to stay here. I need to live with the fact that I caused this, it's all my fault." I said and placed my face in my hands. "Come over if you need anything, okay?" Pony asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and watched him descend down the stairs and seconds after I heard him and the rest of the gang head out the door. My hands balled into fists and my teeth clenched as I sobbed. I stormed to my room and slammed the door shut and punched and kicked it once before I completely broke. I leaned my head against the wood with my arms next to it before turning around and sliding my back down the door. I folded my arms across my knees and buried my head into them as I continued to cry. This was it... my life is over... 

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Hope you guys liked it!!! Tell me what you think and i'll try and get the next chapter out as soon as i can!!!