Chapter 42

If I get chapter 43 written tonight i'll post it tomorrow :) Do you guys mind me doing these authors notes?? Comment if you want me to stop them and I will unless it is something important.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright everyone, in the truck we’re leaving whether you want to or not.” I said and clapped my hands. Dal handed me the blind fold for Soda. I turned around and heard Darry coming with the keys. I took them from his hand and tossed them back to Dal. I turned to Dal, “You’re driving since I don’t want to give it away.” I said and Darry didn’t argue with me. “Soda, bend down so I can put this blind fold on you.” I said and he bent down and I tied it securely around his head. “Now can you see anything?” I asked and waved my hand in front of his face. “Nope, I’m as blind as a bat.” He said and Dal came over too. Dal swung his fist at Soda to make it look like he was about to hit him but stopped right before he did. “Yea, he can’t see anything. Let’s go.” Dal said and I turned so my back was to Soda. “Okay put your hands on my shoulders, and I’ll guide you to the truck.” I said and grabbed his wrists and placed them on my shoulders. I led him out the door and down the steps where he almost tripped. Dal closed the door behind us and I saw everyone standing around the truck. “Soda, gets the middle front seat and I get shotgun, and Dal’s driving. And Dally, please, drive normal. I don’t want to die before Soda gets his Christmas present.” I said and he sighed. “Fine, but only cause you asked so nicely.” He said sarcastically and I flipped him off. We all climbed in the truck and Dal began to drive. Soda asked about every five minutes, “Are we there yet?” Pretty soon it got to the point where the whole gang was yelling ‘no’ in response to him. “Are we there yet?” Soda asked for the tenth time. “Sodapop Patrick Curtis, you ask one more time I will hit you then I will make Dallas turn this truck around and you won’t get your surprise. Do I make myself clear?” I said in a stern voice. He nodded in response without saying a word. “I pity the person who is chosen to be your child.” Steve said. I looked at him. “Why? Because I’m bossy. I wouldn’t be bossy if you guys weren’t idiots half the time.” I said and he shut up. Dal was not pulling into the barn drive way and the rest of the gang knew we this place. I looked at them, “None of you say a word.” I said through my teeth and they all nodded. We all climbed out of the truck and I guided Soda to where the rest of the gang was standing. “Okay, y’all wait here and I’ll be right back with the surprise.” I said and jumped a little before running into the barn to get the horse.

~Third Person P.O.V.~

Jennie ran into the barn to get Mickey Mouse. She did everything right. She made sure the horse knew she was there and that she was going into its stall but something seemed off about the animal; he kept snorting and stomping his foot. Jennie was good with animals she knew what signs would tell her to get out of the stall but these didn’t seem like those kinds of signs to her. She thought it was just the horse knowing he was going to see Soda again. Jennie walked to the back of the stall where the halter was kept and took it off the rack. She slipped it over Mickey Mouse’s head and clipped it on. She was about to turn to grab the lead but Mickey Mouse reared up and pawed her on the chest, hard. It knocked her down into the corner, and made her feel as if she couldn’t breathe. The horse continued to rear and stomp its feet very close to Jennie. She held up her arms to protect her face. She finally found the breath to call out. “Dally!” She yelled and the horse neighed in fright and reared up again and this time he hit Jennie. She screamed and heard Dal running towards her. “Get Sodapop.” Jennie called out over the neighing and stomping of the horse. Dal ran back outside to the others, they could all hear the commotion and Jennie’s scream and the horse. “Soda, take that damn blindfold off and come on Jennie needs help. Like right now.” Dal said ripping the blindfold off and running back down the barn isle. “What happened, Dal?” Pony asked being nervous about his girl. “Well his horse is plain out attacking her.” He said and pointed at Soda. “Mickey Mouse is back. AND ATTACKING MY BEST FRIEND!” Soda said first excited then upset. They reached the stall as Jennie let out another scream in pain. Soda hopped over the stall door and then jumped onto the horse to prevent it from hitting Jennie again. Soda pulled the horse back and he seemed to realize that it was Soda because he stopped stomping and neighing. Jennie looked up from the safety of her arms frightened. Pony and Dal entered the stall and went over to Jennie and helped her stand up and carried her out of the stall.

~Jennie’s P.O.V.~

I was just attacked by a horse. It hurt so bad with those hooves hitting your chest, arms, and head. I never thought I would ever be scared of a normal barn animal until now. I was nearly unconscious from all the blows and I think Pony and Dal carried me out to the truck. They laid me down in the bed of the truck for a little while. I looked around and saw everyone from the gang gathered around me, except for Soda and Darry. “Jennie, can you hear us?” Johnny asked shaking me a little. His voice sounded distant. I was really dizzy and it felt like everyone was spinning around me and my vision was quite blurry. “Johnny? Everything hurts.” I complained. “Just stay with us until we get to the hospital okay?” I couldn’t even place who said that this time. I then saw a new face among all the spinning ones, was it Sodapop? “Jennie, oh my god,” I felt my eyes flutter open and close and black seemed to begin to cloud my eyes,  “I’m so –“ The person began but I blacked out before they could finish.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the part where it is in third person to the end, I didn't really know how I wanted to write it so sorry if it doesn't make sense or is sloppy. It was just lazy writing... Until tomorrow STAY GOLD!!!!