Chapter 4

~Jennie’s P.O.V.~

I woke up and felt hurt all over. I groaned and opened my eyes and saw Johnny peacefully sleeping beside me. I smiled and pulled him closer to me, causing him to wake up. He looked at me and I looked up at him. He rubbed my arm, “How are you feeling?” “Everything hurts.” I complained. “How ‘bout today we just sit around the house and let you rest?” Johnny asked. I nodded, “Okay.” “I’ll go make sure Mom and Dad left and I’ll go make you some breakfast.” He said and I nodded as he got up and slowly opened my door poking his head out. He slipped out the door and I heard his footsteps descend down the stairs. There was no other noise in the house so I knew that our parents weren’t home. I climbed out of bed wincing and walked over to my dresser and pulled out my red tank top and baggy sweat pants. I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it into the hamper along with my skinny jeans from yesterday. I pulled the shirt over my head and pulled on my sweats. I felt instantly comfier and I climbed back into bed. I took off my glasses and examined them. I sighed at the damage. Both lenses were cracked and the frame was crooked. “Great now I can’t read.” I mumbled. I could see without my glasses but I needed them to read and at “school”. I heard Johnny walking up the stairs and I sat with my legs crossed on the bed. I pulled my hair out of my face into a crooked ponytail. Johnny came in slowly opening the door. He smiled at me, “I made you some French toast and eggs with apple juice.” I smiled and he placed the plate in my lap and the glass on the table beside my bed. “Mom and Dad aren’t home. I checked their rooms, most of their clothes are gone, so I think we are on our own for a while.” Johnny said leaning against the door looking at me. I nodded swallowing a piece of toast. “I need new glasses.” I said and looked at my broken ones. “Yea that might be a good idea.” He said following my gaze. “I called Shaun’s mom and told her that you were sick then I talked to Shaun and he’s gonna come by later and check on you. I told him what really happened.” Johnny said. “What about you won’t your friends be worried about you and why you aren’t at school?” I asked looking at him. “Nah, I don’t got many friends and I usually skip school once in a while so they won’t worry.” He said. I nodded finishing the toast and starting on the eggs. “What do you want to do today?” Johnny asked. “I don’t know, I’ll probably go back to sleep later. Can you read to me?” I said and looked at him hopeful. “Jennie you know I ain’t good with school stuff especially reading and writing.” He said and I sighed. “Please.” I said and gave him my best puppy dog eyes I could. He sighed, “Fine, what book do you want me to read?” He walked over to my book shelf and looked back at me as I thought for a minute. “Gone With the Wind?” I questioned looking around my room for the book. Johnny chuckled, “The kid I ran away with and I read that book, he still has it. He’s read it like eight times or something crazy like that.” I smiled finding the book on the floor, “Ha, I’ve got him beat. I have read it ten times.” Johnny just looked shocked. “What?” I asked shrugging my shoulders. “How could you read the same book that many times?” He asked picking it up. I shrugged, “I don’t know.” “I’ll get you a couple of pain killers to help and I’ll just read until you fall asleep.” Johnny said and walked out my bed room door. I pulled the blanket over my legs and sat against the head board. Johnny came back and I took the pills. He sat on the bed and I laid my head in his lap. Johnny began to slowly read the book and I listened like it was me reading the book. Soon I felt my eyes get heavy and I fell into a peaceful rest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I've realized that I sound completely desperate for people to comment on my stories so you don't have to comment if you really don't want to, but still vote if you like it. Stay Gold!!!!!