Chapter 3

I'm going to post another chapter later today so it is kinda a big day, for me anyways. I'm not always gonna do an author's note at the beginning for the people out there that don't like them so yea... onto the story

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Johnny’s P.O.V.~

Pony and I got up after watching the sunset and began to walk back. I couldn’t hear screaming coming from my house so I figured it was safe to go back. “Hey man I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said and walked up the sidewalk to the porch. “Alright bye Johnny.” Pony said and I waved at him and walked inside. The living room was destroyed. Blood was smeared on the floors and furniture and I saw pieces of wood lying around. I walked over to the couch and my jaw dropped. I saw my baby sister lying on a pile of wood from the coffee table all bruised and cut up. I felt my knees crumple from beneath me and I crawled over to her. I brushed her hair out of her face and put my ear to her heart and I could faintly hear a beat. I felt tears well in my eyes seeing her like this. It all made sense now. Our parents were going easier on me because they had been going harder on her. “Jennie, I’m so sorry.” I whispered. I gently picked up her limp body and carried her upstairs. Seeing her like this felt worse than anything else I had ever experienced. I got the first aid kit from the closet and a couple of ice packs from down stairs. I began to bandage her up, like how she would every time I got beat or in a fight. “I can’t believe I let this happen. She is probably going to hate me for not protecting her. I’m such a terrible big brother.” I said to myself as I saw a few tears land on her body. I placed an ice pack on her ribs and another on her head. I sat in a chair next to her bed and looked at her. My heart was nearly broken and I felt my bottom lip quiver. I looked down at the floor and let out a choked sob. I know Greasers aren’t supposed to cry but this time it’s different. It was my baby sister that I am supposed to protect from everything and I couldn’t even do that. Tears began to flow out of my eyes like a river and a few more sobs left my body. Soon I felt a hand lightly touch my wrist and I looked up to see Jennie looking at me with concern. “Johnny why are you crying?” She asked softly. “Because I am a horrible big brother.” I said and looked back down. “No you’re not.” She said. “If I wasn’t you wouldn’t be hurt right now.” I said looking at her. “Oh, Johnny you don’t have to worry about me. You were out with your friends, you didn’t know.” Jennie said trying to comfort me, but it wasn’t working. “Yea, well I should have known something was up.” I said and glanced back at the ground. “Johnny you care about me, r-right?” Jennie asked with worry. The question caught me off guard. “What?” I asked and looked at her confused. “You love me and care about me, right?” She asked again and I knew it must have been something Dad said to her that made her think that I didn’t. “Of course I do. You are the most important thing in the world to me Jennie. I don’t know what I would do if somebody ever k-killed you.” I said and choked on the word ‘kill’. It hurt too much to think about anybody killing her. “What did he say to you Jennie?” I asked and sat down on the bed next to her. She rested her head on my chest and I could see tears begin to form in her eyes. “H-he said that I was an ugly worthless piece of shit. And that nobody will ever love me and that you didn’t even care about me. He said it so many times that I believed him. Johnny, is he- is he right?” She asked and looked up at me. I looked down at her and began to rub her arm up and down to sooth her. “No he’s is not right. All he is is a dumbass that talks bullshit. Never listen to anything he says to you because it’s all a lie. One day somebody is going to be lucky to have you. And you will always mean something to me.” I told her and kissed her head. She smiled at me, “Thanks Johnny. I love you.” I smiled at her, “I love you too baby sis. When you’re feeling better later this week how ‘bout we go see a movie, you dig?” “Yea, I’d like that.” She said and nodded her head. “Alright I’ll see you in the morning Jennie, good night.” I said and began to climb out of the bed, but she grabbed my wrist stopping me. I looked back at her and saw a look of fright in her eyes. “Please stay. I’m afraid he’ll come back and hurt me again.” She whispered. I nodded and took off my shoes and jean jacket laying it on the ground. She moved over and I crawled in next to her. I pulled the comforter over us and put my arm around her shoulder. She wrapped her arms around my waist and snuggled into my side. I drew circles on her shoulder to lull her to sleep. Soon I felt her grip around me weaken and I knew she was asleep and I soon fell asleep after her knowing she was safe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far I have only gotten one comment and it was on the first chapter so please, even if you're shy, comment what you think. I really want to know how many people like it. Also vote if you don't want to comment!!! Stay Gold!!!