Pandora's box

There is a legend that speculates that the Gods above are watching us and convict our insignificant lives.

And whether people believe it or not nowadays, there is no lie in saying that in the past the Greeks Gods ruled the world.

As the world evolved, the beliefs faded away.

Yet there are still people, here and there, that pray to the Gods for prosperity and encourage their descendants to do the same.

One of those families was the Lee one.

At a farm in the mountains, the Lee husband and wife had been blessed with three kids.

And they taught all three of them the importance of gratitude towards the Gods.

The two girls, Rachel and Olivia, weren't that impressed by the stories.

However, the middle child was enchanted.

Felix wanted to know more and more about them. Something to fill up his boring life.

He wanted to offer his whole existence to them as he believed they were creatures of no sin or mistake.

.
.
.

-Athena, please! Athena! Please, listen to me for a second! Hyunjin begged on his knees.

-Child, I cannot do this, she replied coldly. Your mother would absolutely lose her mind if she found out.

-I couldn't care less!

-You should! Aphrodite's rage is no joke.

-Athena, I'm begging you... I want you to train me. I want to become your discipline. I am tired of being praised for my beauty. I wanna follow your path.

Athena sighed heavily before giving up.

Hyunjin knew exactly how much to insist. After all, no one could say no to such a face.

-One week. Don't tell anyone and don't create problems. You surely don't wish to end up like Medusa.

Hyunjin bowed before following the Goddess to her home.

-Mom? Mom?

-Oh, Hyunjinnie! What are you doing here? Aphrodite herself opened the door to her temple.

-Do you have guests again? Hyunjin sighed.

-Just a couple of them, she smiled awkwardly. Can you go to dad for the night, my beautiful flower? she pinched his cheek.

-Sure, Hyunjin answered unamused. I'll go.

-Momma loves you! she shouted before slamming the door in Hyunjin's nose.

Having Aphrodite herself as his mother wasn't a piece of cake at all.

She taught him how to be graceful, beautiful, how to catch eyes and how to seduce.

But that wasn't what Hyunjin wanted at all.

He wanted to be much more than that.

His mother was often bringing mortals or other less famous gods into their temple to have fun.

That's why Hyunjin was almost every day sent to the husband of his unfaithful mother.

One day Hyunjin decided to take control of his destiny and went to search for Athena. He wanted to learn war strategies, to be known for his wits that his mother never let him show.

This was his chance to prove he was his own person. He was a God worth remembering.

.
.
.