Worship the mighty Leonidas

10 years ago, Ithaca

-Odysseus! the woman ran towards her husband while her dress was flickering in the strong wind.

-Penelope! the man locked his hands around her waist, closing his eyes and enjoying the sweet perfume of her smooth hair.

-I'm so glad you're back, she smiled, caressing his face with her fingertips.

-I missed you too, my love, he replied with a weak smile.

He was exhausted and in pain, but nothing was more important than his beautiful and faithful wife waiting on the shore for him to come back after 10 years.

He took her hand and kissed her wrist softly while his eyerows furrowed in sorrow.

-You're home now, she comforted him.

-I am, he looked up at her,

He missed those intelligent eyes. He longed for her.

-Odysseus...her lips parted, trying to find the right way to ask. What about the child? she finally asked in one breath.

-It's gone.

-You didn't, did you?

-No, my love! I could never. I just made sure it won't bother us anymore. Our son will be safe.

-And Apollo?

-Gone as well.

-He left?

-Yes. For a while. Or for good. I cannot tell. He took full responsibility for our damages. For Achile, he gulped, haunted by the horror of the war.

-A God taking responsibility... I shall hope this is not another trick.

-I do not think so. I saw how he looked at the baby. No one wants another war to come. That child shall never see the daylight again.

Present

-Are you sure this is the right way? Jeongin asked sceptical.

-Ye-yes. This way definitely. It's a village down the hill. I'm sure one of them saw the box, Felix said, sweating dripping down his forehead.

-I do not feel any kind of energy. It's unusual for a village to lack the presence of a God or Nymph. They should have a guardian nearby.

-Why is that? Hyunjin asked a little reserved to step forward.

-If they don't have a God, then they don't pray.

The moment he finished the sentence, Felix found himself hiting the ground as a chain tangled around his leg.

Hyunjin and Jeongin whipped their heads towards the boy and met with an army of furious villagers pointing weapons at them.

-You know what I just realised? Hyunjin asked Jeongin.

-Enlighten me, he rolled his eyes.

-Neither of us brought weapons.

-Indeed, we are useless.

-Silence! a voice ranged through their ears.

A young man clothed in armour stepped heavily on the ground, his sword tracing the ground as his territory. Light hair strands escaped through the casket, revealing a pitch colour.

His gaze could cut through flesh.

He kneeled down and took the golden headpiece off, then took a look at Felix.

-You are stained by the Gods, he said rubbing the golden hair between his index and thumb. I can save you, boy! Let me cleanse the fleck they marked you with.