Orpheus's page: love always wins

I was born to be a writer. That's it.

No, I'm kidding. There's much more to my story than that.

But that was the sole reason I wanted to live for. I still do. But now there's something else. I was born 9 months after my parents escaped the Underworld. And yes, they did. They were on cloud 9 but they also knew I was in imminent danger. After all, I was doomed to be killed by the son of Hermes. Or was I?

I met him twice. He doesn't remember it, but I do.

I was trained by my mother to fight and defend myself for the said day to come. Dad taught me the arts and the beauty of life. That way I had them both. Beauty and pain in a single pair of eyes.

I met Jeongin when I was a kid. I knew who he was immediately. His wings couldn't fool anyone.

I saw him on the cliff, I saw him trying to jump. My hand reached for him and saved him.

Why?

I could have left him die. I could have solved the problem.

But it wasn't fair. And as far as I was concerned at that age, he wasn't a problem at all.

He cried in my arms and I sang to him. He fell asleep in my arms. I felt like I was holding the sun in my very own hands. I felt broken and happy and I felt drawn to stay there forever even tho it was hurting me.

I watched over him for hours, not even a second had I gotten bored. I draw in my mind every single of his features for the moment we would have met again.

He cried in his sleep. He cried awake. He cried because that was the only thing he had power over.

There were two things. His tears and mine.

When he woke up he gifted me one of his feathers. And I have been cherishing it ever since. I use it to write my stories. My poems. All dedicated to him.

"Where did you get that, son?" Orpheus sat down next to me and laid flat on the grass.

"No one. I found it." I lied.

"Hmm..." he looked up at the sun. "I found a poisonous plant once. I didn't take it. We don't take things we find, son. We take things that find us. Your mother found me and now she's my wife and the mother of my child. You understand where I'm going with this?"

"But I walked towards him." I didn't understand what my father meant. I was the one that saw Jeongin there and decided to help him, not the other way around.

"Or he walked in your way. You're no thief, son. You didn't take that feather. It was given to you." he took the said object from my hands and stared at it.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked shyly.

"Why would I be? For having a feather? Son, it's your mother you're talking about. She is a bit... intense?" he tried his best to say it nicely. He wasn't far from the truth. She was scared for me and that turned her wish to protect me into something more. A desire to make me a warrior I didn't want to be.

"She wants me to kill him. I canno do that." I sighed ashamed of myself.

"Then don't." Orpheus shrugged.

"But I'll die."

"Then kill him."

"You're not helping, dad." I took the feather back.

"When did I ever help?" Orpheus joked before he noticed how serious I was. His smiled dropped as he cleared his troath. "Maybe... maybe you won't meet again. Maybe the deal won't be fulfilled."