See you soon, but not too soon!

-I'm pretty sure we got lost, Minho said. Can you feel something?

-No... Jeongin sighed. Just... Death.

-That's not new.

-What is that? Seungmin pointed to a boat approaching them.

-Is that... Minho furrowed his eyes in fear.

-Charon, Jeongin confirmed. The ferryman of the Underworld. The one that leads the souls to their final destination.

-He... he brought mom here, Chan mumbled.

-That's him, Jeongin felt a lump forming in his throat.

Charon had his face hidden by his cloth. He stopped the boat as his skeleton hands pointed towards Jeongin and called for him to come closer.

-Not in a million years! Minho protested. We're not getting inside your boat. We're still alive.

-I thought that maybe they had time for a little story, he moved his head to face Chan.

-You took my mom when she was bitten by the snake. You know what happened down here. What are they not telling me. You know what Hermes did to them.

-I know everything, he took a deep breath that sounded like his last one.

-Don't listen to him. Let's go! Minho tried to ignore the man, but Jeongin stood still.

-You know Hermes?

-Very well. He is an old friend of mine.

-Will you tell me about him?

-Gladly, Charon nodded and made way for the four to get in.

-Jeongin, this is a trick.

-It will be faster to reach the others. And... I need this. I need to know who he is, Jeongin explained. You have a loving mother, but me? I have no one but him. And he feels like a stranger to me as well.

They sat down in the boat and waited for Charon to unravel some of the secrets of the gods.

-Hermes, huh? he suddenly asked with no heads-up.

Jeongin flinched a bit, but kept his eyes glued to the ferryman.

-Hermes was always difficult. If Ares was wild and hard to put in place, Hermes was ten times worse. It wasn't that he didn't listen to his father. He just had his way of twisting the words and used them in his favour. And he loved to make deals. To play with lives. When he got tired of Zeus and his rules, he searched for another playyard. Poseidon was almost never there. He didn't need Hermes. Hades was his last choice. It was perfect. Hades had a wife he loved. Something you don't see often among the gods. Hermes was intrigued. Also... here he found a good number of minor Goddesses that satisfied him.

-I don't wanna hear that, Jeongin made a disgusted grimace.

-Who's your mother, little god?

-I don't know, Jeongin confessed. It's not like I have a list of names from which to choose. I have no clue.

-I see... You are aware Aphrodite had a big part in Hermes's love life.

-I do. But I'm not her son.

-Perhaps not, Charon got lost in his words for a bit. Ah! Maybe... He had a thing for Hecate!

Jeongin shook his head.

-I met her daughter. I can feel mom's signature in me. It's not that. It wasn't a match.

-Then... Oh, I know!