Pygmalion's gallery

-Anything?

-As I told you two seconds ago: NO, Jeongin replied annoyed. Besides your strong signature, I feel nothing.

-Is that a compliment or an insult?

-You pick.

Hyunjin pouted like a baby when he felt Felix gripping his hand.

-What's a signature? the boy asked clueless with big sparkly eyes.

-A signature is the power that surrounds us as Gods. The sons of Zeus each have a part of his power on them. We are the grandchildren of Zeus, so the power is not that strong. We mostly have our parents' signatures. If you are fully God, you have a mix. If you are half, you have the signature of the God parent. It's like a led shining in the dark. In Olympus is almost impossible to see it because of the amount of power there. On Earth however...Here is a place dry as the desert. Any kind of power turns heads, Hyunjin explained. And Innie is the best at sensing it. Hermes is the messenger of Gods. He can sense the power, but also can name the holder and see his location. And of course his son inherited the ability.

-Wow! That's amazing, Felix jumped in excitement. What does the signature look like?

-It's an aura around us, Jeongin answered bluntly. Hyunjin, for example, is bathed in pink.

-Not proud of that, the taller commented.

-And yours? Felix asked Jeongin.

-White.

-Like your hair.

-Yes. Hair is also a signature. That counts for humans too. But you call it genes.

-Is that why my parents believe I am blessed by Apollo? Felix added, making both Gods stop in their places.

Hyunjin took a strand of golden hair between his index and thumb.

-Probably. Apollo is associated with the sun and the spots on your face...I've read that they appear when you stay for too long in the sun. But don't worry! We cannot sense any power from you. You're fully human, he smiled weakly at him.

Hyunjin turned towards Jeongin and saw the latter's eyes flickering with white light.

-What's wrong? Do you feel something?

-Aphrodite.

-What? Hyunjin felt his legs weakening. It can't be!

-It's definitely her signature. No doubt. But it's weak.

He walked downhill towards a little house surrounded by a fence.

Both Hyunjin and Felix's heads popped out from behind Jeongin as they followed him inside.

In a room next to the kitchen, there were paintings and sculptures on pedestals. Of random humans or even of Gods.

Felix opened his mouth in amazement in front of a statue of Zeus.

-He doesn't actually look like that, Hyunjin scoffed. He is way older and out of shape.

-Is that Medusa's head on Perseus's shield? Jeongin climbed on a statue to look behind at the mountains of objects thrown in the corner.

-It can't be, Hyunjin replied. The original was in Athena's temple and I am sure I didn't lose that.

-Can you blame me for asking?

-Hey! Are you here to buy something? a voice uttered from behind Felix.

They all whiped their heads towards a tall boy with ash blonde hair and dark eyes.

He had a white tunic full of stains of dust and paint.

-We were just admiring, Hyunjin spoke awkwardly.